• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    I have avoided the Glock addiction and been a staunch advocate of the XD for a while now, but today at Shiloh I put 50 rounds through a friends G23 and think I may have to have one. Next time I am in Austin I will probably swing by GT Dist and pick one up, of course it will probably have to go see Dale because these sausuges I call fingers dont really fit the finger grooves, but I like.....
    Venture Surplus ad

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    I've posted this before, so I hope I don't sound like a broken record, but I hatedGlocks for the longest time. Sigs, HK's 1911's SW... anything but Glock They're ugly I thought. But I broke down and bought a G19, and I'm converted. I love the gun. Size is a perfect compact, shoots great, easy to clean and maintain, hi capacity and not expensive. Now, I'm not throughing out my Sigs, HKs and 1911s. But ole' Mr. Glock as a place in the collection. A functional one as well.

Buy with confidence.

GM.Chief

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    Ryan, as long as you don't tell her, I'll sell you my wife's G23...oww..cut it out...oww...ok,ok I'm sorryyyy!!!....lol she found me out. looks like I have to keep it here for now...

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    Ryan, as long as you don't tell her, I'll sell you my wife's G23...oww..cut it out...oww...ok,ok I'm sorryyyy!!!....lol she found me out. looks like I have to keep it here for now...
    Yeah, that may not be the best idea... I am going to get one of the LE packages, comes with an extra mag and saves me about $150....

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    The grip of the G22 does fit much better, but I like the size of the 23.... Dale Honeycut does a great job with grip reductions, and I will just have him "shave" the grip....

Maxpower

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    I have avoided the Glock addiction and been a staunch advocate of the XD for a while now, but today at Shiloh I put 50 rounds through a friends G23 and think I may have to have one. Next time I am in Austin I will probably swing by GT Dist and pick one up, of course it will probably have to go see Dale because these sausuges I call fingers dont really fit the finger grooves, but I like.....

I have one of each and prefer the Glock

G19XD9_filtered.jpg

mmg19_filtered.jpg

MuddyWaterMan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 25, 2009
    Houston
    Plus if I did have one I would get tired of only going to the range at night so as not to be seen. I'd rather get caught dating one of the golden girls than carrying a dang glock.... Hell Betty White even starts looking good after 30 days on a boat , GLOCKs will always be ugly.... Lmao

TxEMTP69

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    Plus if I did have one I would get tired of only going to the range at night so as not to be seen. I'd rather get caught dating one of the golden girls than carrying a dang glock.... Hell Betty White even starts looking good after 30 days on a boat , GLOCKs will always be ugly.... Lmao
    think one of them died recently

MuddyWaterMan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 25, 2009
    Houston
    Well that explains it, here I thought she wasn't having a good time... Oops did I say that outloud??!!??!! But on a serious note bud LOTS of folks love them even if I don't. Hope you are happy with it and can't wait to see a range report!

Maxpower

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2009

so you buy a weapon based on looks??

MuddyWaterMan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 25, 2009
    Houston
    No, in all honesty I have never held a glock that felt right in my hands. I think the breakdown procedure is flawed at best and they just leave me cold in general. Several of my buddies own and love them and I am not saying they aren't good guns, just not good for me.

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    No, in all honesty I have never held a glock that felt right in my hands. I think the breakdown procedure is flawed at best and they just leave me cold in general. Several of my buddies own and love them and I am not saying they aren't good guns, just not good for me.
    My sentiments exactly, but after shooting the G23, I dont know, maybe it is just new gun lust, but it is a damn tack driver. I swear by my XD, and will stack it against a 17 or 19 any day of the week, but something about that 23 just grabbed me....

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller

And that's fine. That's why we have a lot of different models to chose from. I've got a lot of different brands that I like and shoot. My EDC is an HK, and my Sig is my go to range gun. But, you can't dispute that Glocks are by far the most purchased and used hand guns in the US, and LED use Glocks more than any other brand. Same for competition,,,, Glocks dominate. They are doing something right.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I own a good assortment of handguns and that includes 2 Glocks. The Glock 19 I gave to my wife & I've seen her out shoot a friend with a Baer Thunder Ranch Special. I think a Glock is a better gun then any S&W or Springfield auto pistol.

Top Bottom