• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 29, 2020
    Great Southern Forest of Indiana
    I think everybody would agree that we are all most vulnerable to surprise. I'm old and slow to awaken, but the few times when the alarm has gone off from mechanical issues it gave me time to wake up and get into decision making state.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I think everybody would agree that we are all most vulnerable to surprise. I'm old and slow to awaken, but the few times when the alarm has gone off from mechanical issues it gave me time to wake up and get into decision making state.

That is entirely true. Hardening your home, having an alarm or security system or other measures won't stop a determined attacker from gaining entrance, but will buy you valuable time to better prepare if they do gain entrance to your home.

Leadeye

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 29, 2020
    Great Southern Forest of Indiana
    I've asked cops I've known over the years about home invasions and burglaries and gotten pretty much the same answer. The burglaries were mostly random, but most home invasions were done by people who already had knowledge of the home's inside layout. Knowing who you let into your home is important as well.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I've asked cops I've known over the years about home invasions and burglaries and gotten pretty much the same answer. The burglaries were mostly random, but most home invasions were done by people who already had knowledge of the home's inside layout. Knowing who you let into your home is important as well.

There is also a huge difference between a robbery of your home and a home invasion. Robbers target your home for quick items to steal for money. Home invaders are targeting the homeowners. And robbery during a home invasion is secondary or an afterthought.

I agree, being selective as to has entrance to your home is very important.

Top Bottom