Join TexasGunTalk

Think your place is secure?

Discussion in 'Home Preparedness and Shelters' started by toddnjoyce, Oct 9, 2018.

1. grasshopperglock

grasshopperglock Cruise Control

Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Unless you're on a certain level of interpersonal connectivity with said neighbors....Even then...

Hard times hits you and it hits them at the same time and with the same veracity. One day the guy is borrowing your mower. Society go's to hell and he needs to feed his kids. Cull-de-sack' won't mean a thing.

Your house is a target to certain people. I pray you the best but I don't think anybody outside the house is going to be on your side.

2. sharkey

sharkey Well-Known

Feb 25, 2013
    Hard times don't always hit everyone at the same time. I already mentioned all bets were off in the apocalypse. Yes, I do have some interpersonal connectivity with said neighbors. I guess you don't? What a fine neighbor you must be. My house is a target to a lot of people.

It is called risk mitigation. Nothing is a guarantee but you sure as hell can mitigate your risk and living on a cul de sac is a way. Driving a POS and living in a crap house does not mitigate the risk but hey I wish you the best as well.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

3. grasshopperglock

grasshopperglock Cruise Control

Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    We got awhile. Now, political assassinations and bombings are the main concern. You're cool at the house for now.

4. HKaltwasser

HKaltwasser Active Member

One black DDR Shepherd outside, one inside with a European Dobie. I think that's some of the best security I will get if they even want to venture past the first noisy Shepherd outside.

I don't do security alarms, they've always been a little annoying to me.

ZX9RCAM likes this.
  5. ZX9RCAM

ZX9RCAM Over the Rainbow bridge... TGT Supporter

May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Had to Google DDR Shepherd.

Why do you have a dog living outside?

I know it might sound like a stupid question.

6. sharkey

sharkey Well-Known

Feb 25, 2013
    Sad how soon your prediction occurred. Grranted they were hoaxes but news ran story as attempted assassinations and now 11 dead from an anti-Semitic f'k

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

grasshopperglock likes this.
  7. toddnjoyce

toddnjoyce TGT Addict

Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Y’all haven’t seen real political violence. About the closest thing lately is the Saudis offing Khashoggi in their own consulate in Turkey.

When your local elections in May of an odd year have polling places being mortared, that’s political violence.

Keep Calm and RTFU

8. Churchmouse

Churchmouse Active Member

Nov 22, 2017
    Indy west
    Exactly.

toddnjoyce likes this.
  9. sharkey

sharkey Well-Known

Feb 25, 2013
    True, no mortar attacks but we are not exactly problem free. Plenty of violence in Oct.

https://www.breitbart.com/the-media...so-far/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

10. toddnjoyce

toddnjoyce TGT Addict

Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Let’s just say that source has a story to tell, and an audience to sell it to, and bills to pay.

Keep Calm and RTFU

grasshopperglock likes this.