Join TexasGunTalk

Think your place is secure?

Discussion in 'Home Preparedness and Shelters' started by toddnjoyce, Oct 9, 2018.

1. sharkey

sharkey Active Member

Feb 25, 2013
    So the news story and incidents in it are false? It is either true or not. I dont buy anything from them and why do leftist media outlets hate them so?

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

2. Younggun

Younggun Doer of Deeds TGT Supporter Admin

Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    There has been political violence recently. If you don’t want an “unbiased” source check out Tim Pool (Timcast) on YouTube. He’s a lefty but is one of the least biased sources I’ve seen.

In the last month there has been a republican candidate getting a concussion while sitting at a bar, a female republican candidate chased and punched, a republican HQ shot up overnight, and I believe I read that another had been firebombed.

Pretty sure all happened within the last 30 days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. toddnjoyce

toddnjoyce Well-Known

Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Didn’t read the link.

What I’m saying is Breitbart has a target audience that expects information to presented with a certain bias. If Breitbart doesn’t do this effectively, they can’t generate revenue, and has to shutter the whole deal.

I’d hazard to guess the link highlights low-level criminal behavior that involves a candidate, politician, or has a political ideology as a motivating or contributing factor.

In the truest sense, political violence not sanctioned by the government is terrorism defined.

If the government does nothing to address it, people lose faith in the government, and the case can be built for revolution.

Unfortunately, a crime has to occur before someone can be held accountable for it. That’s the price of freedom. And once a crime has occurred, media outlets have great latitude in how they tell the story, much less editorialize and/or opine on it.

Keep Calm and RTFU

4. MTA89

MTA89 Lives in a van down by the river TGT Supporter

Mar 10, 2017
    Almost Oklahoma
    18 pounder long gun, loaded with grapeshot, on the stair well, aimed at the front door

Orbie and toddnjoyce like this.
  5. grasshopperglock

grasshopperglock Vroom

Jan 5, 2012
    HH
    It'll be along the lines as the IRA type stuff. It's going to be really nasty.

I'm a subscriber to the 4th turning theory among other theories. We're never going to have a peaceful election again until something breaks. What president after Trump could possibly hold the country together? It's been daily demonstrated just how little power a president has in its current form.

We're becoming ungovernable at a time when our enemies are growing. China and Russia are getting tired of the U.N and especially the U.S..

Unless it all pulls together and soon. I don't predict a bright future. I'd be cool with a secede.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
  6. sharkey

sharkey Active Member

Feb 25, 2013
    Yeah I knew what you were saying. The truth does have a target audience. Not mortar shelling but still political violence. I didn't know there was threshold to meet a certain level of violence before it became important to you.

Carry on.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

7. toddnjoyce

toddnjoyce Well-Known

Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    The truth. You want the truth?

You can’t handle the truth!

Or touch the mango, for that matter.

Keep Calm and RTFU

8. Orbie

Orbie Born Texan TGT Supporter

Feb 21, 2011
    San Antonio
    Tally Ho!!!!!!!

Davetex and Southpaw like this.
  9. HKaltwasser

HKaltwasser Active Member

Because they're resilient creatures :D. I can only handle so much German Shepherd tumble weeds in my house. I also needed an outdoor alert . She stays inside until the weather cools enough for her to handle it. She's a black DDR so she gets hot quick, much more resilient to cold weather. My dark sable DDR will basically destroy any means to keep her in. She climbs 6 foot fences routinely or will literally shred the chain link fence. She grabs it and bends the fence poles or rips the fencing. She cannot be contained, she's ruthless in her drive. I can't weedeat with her outside because she stalks the trimmer and attacks it when in full service. She'll circle around and hit it with speed and with no concern about pain and after a few bloody mouths and a torn up trimmer shield, we thought she's better off in the house.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2018 at 7:01 PM
    ZX9RCAM likes this.
  10. Churchmouse

Churchmouse Active Member

Nov 22, 2017
    Indy west
    Good dog right there.