• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Did it come with a BCG? And have you got a lower parts kit, buffer tube and stock and hand grip?
    Yes it comes with BCG, lower parts kit, buffer tube, stock and hand grip.

Here's the order list:

LaRue Billet Lowers Caliber: AR-15 VARIATIONS (MULTI) Color: Black 1 $199.00
    LaRue Ultimate AR-15 Upper Kit Upper Receiver and Hand Guard SKU: LT556x01-559x02-ML13-BLK
    Complete Upper Receiver w/Charging Handle:
    LaRue Upper Receiver (M4 Feed Ramps)
    Stealth 2.0 Handguard (Choose Length): 13.0" M-LOK Color: Black $99
    2 Stage Trigger Installed In TAC SKU: LTMBT-2S-SB LaRue $99
    M4 Barrel SKU: LT15-ST-T-223-8-Y-16-1M-M4 $99 Barrel (M4 Feed Ramps) w/custom barrel wrench:
    PredatAR 5.56 - 16" Barrel $99
    Matching Bolt Carrier Group SKU: larue-5-56-bolt-carrier-group_larue-bolt-carrier $99
    Matching Bolt Carrier Group: LaRue Bolt Carrier Group $99
    Matching Gas Block/Tube Assembly SKU: larue-gas-block-tube-assembly2 $99
    Matching Gas Block/Tube Assembly: LaRue Gas Block/Tube Assembly $99
    Muzzle Device SKU: LTB223 $99
    Index Clips - Grip - Stock w/Buffer Tube Assembly SKU: LT-POLYMER-SC-BLK
    Assembly (optional) SKU: assembled Assembly: Assembled

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Optics:
    1606828399525.png

and mount:

1606828357206.png

Complete this build - I think. Well gotta get a sling.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    For that price, you could buy a couple thousand primers.
    I don't see anything!!!
    Here is the perfect optic for your new AR:

Amazon product ASIN B079X51RR6
    If you're going LVPO, might as well spend all the money you saved on the rifle.
    I don't see anything. When I respond with a reply I can see "Amazon product ASIN B079X51RR6" but there's no link or anything to click on. But I did look at some that were in the $3K range - very briefly!!!!

ETA: I tried adding quotes around what I can see in the reply box and as you can see... it nothing but blank. I'm gonna leave off the opening and closing square brackets and see what that does "Media=amazon]B079X51RR6[/media". If you replace the double quotes with opening and closing square brackets that what I can see in the reply box.

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I don't see anything!!!

I don't see anything. When I respond with a reply I can see "Amazon product ASIN B079X51RR6" but there's no link or anything to click on. But I did look at some that were in the $3K range - very briefly!!!!

ETA: I tried adding quotes around what I can see in the reply box and as you can see... it nothing but blank. I'm gonna leave off the opening and closing square brackets and see what that does "Media=amazon]B079X51RR6[/media". If you replace the double quotes with opening and closing square brackets that what I can see in the reply box.
    dbf20f1ea91628c344321801c9605331.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Could go with an Trijicon ACOG.
    The one I ordered operates on the first 1st focal plane. Consequently the recticle, BDC, target distances and hold overs are always correct.(I think that's what I read) Additionally it has an illuminated recticle to help these o'l eyes. I think it's the Slx Raptor but it's got some pretty good specs.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    The metallurgy was not anywhere near as good back then as it is today. Thin barrels back then tended to warp in unpredictable ways as they heated up. Nowadays, it's not a problem. Good quality thin barrels will not see a zero shift as they heat up. The group obviously still opens up a bit, but your zero stays the same. I have a Faxon pencil barrel on one of my ARs, and I like it a lot. It's plenty accurate and very consistent. The Ballistic Advantage pencil barrels are supposed to be good in that regard as well.

Doug, S&W, Ruger, and PSA all make pretty good budget ARs. If you want to spend a little bit more and get a mid range AR, BCM is very good too. I wouldn't discount building your own through. It's very rewarding, slightly extremely addictive, and just flat out fun and easy to do. If you can't find a complete one, it's definitely an option you should at least consider.

Maverick44,

Assembling your own M16 clone can be fairly cheap & you end up with a decent AR.
    (It's NO secret here that I'm NOT a fan of the M16/M4 but the RVN-style M16 "clone" in the gun-safe was put together out of a 350.oo Colt's parts kit & a 50.oo receiver from the SAXET gun-show. = Shoots FINE for an AR sort of firearm & especially for 400 bucks.)

yours, satx

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Top Bottom