Gun Zone Deals

Thinking about moving up in bullet size...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glock

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Im thinking about going from a 150gr. core lock to a 165 grain hornaday sst i'v heard good things but was wondering if anyone has had any experence with them.
    Lynx Defense

chevydeerhunter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    San Antonio
    Im thinking about going from a 150gr. core lock to a 165 grain hornaday sst i'v heard good things but was wondering if anyone has had any experence with them.

The Hornady SST is a good bullet, but as far as accuracy goes it'll depend on your rifle. I have a Winchester 70 in 7mm Rem Mag and have tried the SST's. My gun actually preferred the 150 gr. CoreLokt to the 165gr Hornady.
    Both bullets performed admirably on deer and hogs so, for me, the choice came down to accuracy...and cost! :p

Glock

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    I shoot a remington 742 30-06 semi auto with a nikon 3-9x40 bdc. the problem i'v been having is that remington bullets are coming out of the box and shooting like trash. they have the lead that caps the top hanging off to the side and they just seem to be going downhill with there quality of work i did a little research and hornaday seemsto be more of a percision bullet i have just never seen them work in the field and didnt want to set up and shoot and have towonder why my animal didnt go down or leave a blood trail for me to follow.

chevydeerhunter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    San Antonio
    Wow, that's sad to hear about the Remington bullets. I'm still using a box I bought about 2 years ago and they're fine. I may have to buy one just to inspect them and see how the newer ones fire.

Another option is the Winchester Ballistic Silvertip. What I really liked about them is the Lubalox coating because they didn't gunk up the barrel like other ammo. A little Hoppes on a patch and a couple clean patches and my barrel was clean. Again, they are good rounds, but the price is a little high.

Top Bottom