Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I'll take it all.

No need to haggle over price. I got 10 bucks with your name on it.
    Gun Zone Deals

Bobk

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Seguin
    Was feeling the same way but now my kids are getting into reloading. Nice way of giving your kids something that they will be able to get years of use out of.

They started single stage but now really appreciate the Dillon 650's!

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    i may pick up a single stage when I start shooting long distance. I have been wanting to get into long range shooting for a few years... just haven't been shooting much for a little while. But if I ever get a 338 lapua or even a 300wm, single stage it is!

For 9/45/357sig, it's a lot easier to buy in bulk for plinking than it is to crank out 500 rounds each. Hell, even 460 is fine in a factory load considering how little I shoot at a time.

Sent from my SIG Sauer

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I'd say look a a 6.5CM or .308 first. Will get to to 1400 yards and 1k respectively. The 6.5 will be easier to shoot, the .308 will teach you more about wind drift.

.338 is much more expensive to reload and 300WM is more abusive to the shooter. Harder to practice the details with heavier recoil.

Of moving up later I'd choose .338 of the two, but only if a 1 mile range was available.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I lived a Gypsy life and moved to work all down the center of the nation. I had two "steamer" trunks that I kept my reloading gear in and they moved right along with me. Finally, I was convinced that I was done with reloading and sold almost everything, including my bullet casting gear.

That was a huge mistake! With Obummer in office and legions of Libtards just foaming at the mouth to disarm me, I rebuilt my entire reloading gear collection and emptied out the spare bedroom to keep it set up. I don't use it every day, but I'm sure glad that I have it!

Bullet prices are stable, so I don't cast slugs at this time, .......... but I can!

That reloading gear insulates me from political and market panic.

That's how it happened for me. Perhaps there's something you can identify with, here.

Flash

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    I'd say look a a 6.5CM or .308 first. Will get to to 1400 yards and 1k respectively. The 6.5 will be easier to shoot, the .308 will teach you more about wind drift.

.338 is much more expensive to reload and 300WM is more abusive to the shooter. Harder to practice the details with heavier recoil.

Of moving up later I'd choose .338 of the two, but only if a 1 mile range was available.
    i have a few 308s,one of which is the PTR91 MSR, their attempt at a precision rifle. One day I'll get a scope mounted on there.

I'm a bit ofba recoil junkie, so the 300wm is right up my alley. 338lm isnjusta bucket list/bragging rights trophy type of thing, like my 460v. Just an awesomely bad purchase.
    I lived a Gypsy life and moved to work all down the center of the nation. I had two "steamer" trunks that I kept my reloading gear in and they moved right along with me. Finally, I was convinced that I was done with reloading and sold almost everything, including my bullet casting gear.

That was a huge mistake! With Obummer in office and legions of Libtards just foaming at the mouth to disarm me, I rebuilt my entire reloading gear collection and emptied out the spare bedroom to keep it set up. I don't use it every day, but I'm sure glad that I have it!

Bullet prices are stable, so I don't cast slugs at this time, .......... but I can!

That reloading gear insulates me from political and market panic.

That's how it happened for me. Perhaps there's something you can identify with, here.

Flash
    i know one day I'll regret it. just don't see it right now lol.

Sent from my SIG Sauer

OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    I feel your pain. One side of my two car garage is dedicated to my reloading. Multiple presses. Multiple GI cans full of various cases of new primers, a few thousand pieces of new brass, and bullets. There are also more powder canisters than my local fire department would allow.
    I am fast approaching an age where I will no longer be able to maintain this. Until that time I will continue to hang on to my "toys". Some people pay money for counseling, I find comfort in cranking out 45 ACP on my Dillion press.

RatBikeRod

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Keep it!

I almost did the same thing years ago when I was in the same state. Now, years later with the kids grown, married and gone, it makes for a nice winter evening pastime.

I also have a major motorcycle hobby addiction, so I get splitting time!

Rusty Gun

brass picker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Gulf coast
    Kept my stuff in boxes in the attic for over 20 years raising kids and building career. I started shooting again after they are all gone and had trouble getting ammo. A friend gave me an old rusty Dillon RL 450. Fixed it up and made some .40 S&W that I could not buy anywhere for a reasonable price. I was hooked.... four years later I reload 5 pistol calibers, 223 and 300 blk on a Dillon RL550 that I got for $300.00 with a box full of accessories. I can easily make 200 rounds and an hour which is about as fast as I can shoot them. Shooting 300-500 rounds a month and have been to four all day pistol classes.

Put a light coat of oil on everything and put it in a sturdy box in the attic. You will use it.

Top Bottom