Join TexasGunTalk

Thinking hard about turning in someone for Stolen Valor

Discussion in 'Stolen Property & Criminality' started by vmax, May 31, 2016.

1. Dawico

Dawico TGT Addict

Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I disagree. When you get out (without retiring) you take that check back. Non service related injury benefits should stop.

The VA shouldn't cover you for everything forever. Taxpayers shouldn't have to pay for that.

2. Jon Payne

Jon Payne Well-Known

Nov 16, 2010
    SE TX/Gulf Coast
    Well damn, he sure showed us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Orbie, TxStetson and toddnjoyce like this.
  3. toddnjoyce

toddnjoyce Well-Known

Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I think there’s a balance to be had. The vast majority of military members, both officer and enlisted, do not serve long enough to qualify for an active duty or reserve retirement.

Yet in some career fields, we destroy their bodies through exposure to radiation that doesn’t show up until years down the road.

DoD, thru the VA, has an obligation (in my mind) to take care of those things.

Hydrazine exposure, for example, is limited to people who work on/around F-16s.

It’ll also turn you into a cancer ridden mad hatter over time. The problem is you can’t really trace the cancers directly back to hydrazine exposure. But it sure is coincidental.

Keep Calm and RTFU

karlac likes this.
  4. karlac

karlac Gone fishin' ... TGT Supporter Lifetime Member

Aug 21, 2013
    WestU, TX
    Serving during an armed conflict, grunt or support, will often take away something that can't ever be put back ... realizing that might be as simple as asking the person who sleeps next to you every night, and puts up with you ... check in with your wife.

toddnjoyce likes this.
  5. AustinN4

AustinN4 TGT Addict

Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    And we are glad. I know I am.

BRD@66, vmax and toddnjoyce like this.