• ...and so much more!
  • Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Three models available. Not sure what I want. (Warning: strong language in some. Thought you guys could use a laugh)

Edited: Just Incase anyone actually believes I’m buying one, understand this post is for humor. I’m not buying one.
    Target Sports

Last edited:

lonestardiver

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Eagle Mountain Lake area
    Even have one but it is unplugged....
    Corporate policy is such that when conducting work related business we can’t be any where near one. Since I am working from home and on conference calls daily it is easier to have it unplugged. Looks like Alexa is going to get lonely as it looks like I’ll be working from home a good portion of the year or not longer.

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    I have 3 device's and live in a "smart house", I can control a lot of stuff from my recliner. Turn lights on and off, turn on TV and Dish, see my front door or the front of my house. Turn on Christmas tree along with accent lights. Turn on a/c or heat, adjust the temperature. People say she is listening and she is but I like my gadget's. My brother says "why, you're retired and have plenty of time, get up".

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    I'm seriously considering that. TV? I'm not overly concerned with anyone knowing what I watch. Computer - VPN.
    I’m of the opinion vpn’s are an illusion. Maybe at some point citizens had the ability to keep their privacy. It’s a better practice to converse with people away from devices and be careful what’s posted online and in text.

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    I have 3 device's and live in a "smart house", I can control a lot of stuff from my recliner. Turn lights on and off, turn on TV and Dish, see my front door or the front of my house. Turn on Christmas tree along with accent lights. Turn on a/c or heat, adjust the temperature. People say she is listening and she is but I like my gadget's. My brother says "why, you're retired and have plenty of time, get up".
    Listen to your brother, Grasshopper.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    I don't do voice control, but I have a 'smart house' too. I keep it local though. All my devices that I can inspect the source (Home Assistant, ESPHome, AqualinkD) are allowed on the LAN. Anything else (ecobee thermostats, HomeQ, Ring, UniFi controller, August) are untrusted and segregated on their own VLAN. Only allowed access is to known API services. With a mix of hard wired, WiFi and Z-Wave devices, pretty much everything is automated. Motion and occupancy sensing, door and window sensors, environmental sensors, and various APIs provide all the info the system needs. Lights follow you when you walk in and out of certain rooms, exterior lighting follows sunrise and sunset, media room lighting follows occupancy and media player status, HVAC adjusts to occupancy and weather conditions, pool automation does its thing, doors lock themselves, etc.

Top Bottom