• Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I don’t have any interest in these things and don’t really trust them.

But I don’t get why some people have to virtue signal so hard about what someone else wants in their house. Why do we have to be such dicks to each other?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    If I was on fire and Amazon was only place to get a fire extinguisher - I'd probably buy one but I sure as hell wouldn't want to. I find it simply amazing that something as discretionary as an Alexa device that anyone in their "right" mind would willingly send money to Amazon for anything.

Cobber

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2021
    Lafayette, Indiana
    If I was on fire and Amazon was only place to get a fire extinguisher - I'd probably buy one but I sure as hell wouldn't want to. I find it simply amazing that something as discretionary as an Alexa device that anyone in their "right" mind would willingly send money to Amazon for anything.

It always begins as something innocuous, which later comes to dominate and rule your life...

Texas45

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2020
    Not where you are
    Humans are inherently lazy beings.
    IF there is an easy or automated way to accomplish even a simple task we will take it.

Good in some cases as we have developed a lot of things to make life batter/easier.

However we are approaching the point of tipping over the edge where the tech will rule the mortals.

Hell we already there people go off the deep end when the “tech” goes down.

I prefer the simple things mostly.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Humans are inherently lazy beings.
    IF there is an easy or automated way to accomplish even a simple task we will take it.

Good in some cases as we have developed a lot of things to make life batter/easier.

However we are approaching the point of tipping over the edge where the tech will rule the mortals.

Hell we already there people go off the deep end when the “tech” goes down.

I prefer the simple things mostly.

Your broad brush statement
    "Humans are inherently lazy beings."
    needs to be modified just a tad. There are many of us out here that don't follow that trail.

I wash my own car
    I change my own oil
    I no longer mow my own grass but that's pretty low tech( :green: )
    Lights in a room come on when I flip the switch, they go off for the same reason
    Thermostat changes temp or mode when turn/press the controls mounted on the thermostat
    Doorbell rings - I gotta look through the peep hole to see who's out there.
    I have a TV remote it changes the channel when I push a button. It changes the volume when I press a button.
    I "talk" to the map app in my truck because it's safer. If I'm parked I input route via the screen.
    I don't have a habit of "Talking" to technology
    Some of us really aren't that lazy or dependent
    There's more but this is enough to dodge your broad brush.

I am not alone.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    It always begins as something innocuous, which later comes to dominate and rule your life...
    In 2014 I bought a new SuperDuty F250. At the time I smoked ciggs. I was proudly showing off my truck to some of my friends. One ask "Are you going to smoke in it?" To which I replied "Nope, won't happen." Then a guy that was with us piped up "Yeah, that's what everyone says but in a couple of months you will!"

My reply to him is a suitable reply to your comment:

You don't know me very well do you.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Y'all can label it as you like. I call it empowering the enemy. Carry on!

ETA: I could care less what you have in your home/car whatever. My post, though misdirected somewhat, was to point out where the purchase was made not that it was made. I side tracked my message and there ain't no one to blame but me.

Last edited:

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    I don’t have any interest in these things and don’t really trust them.

But I don’t get why some people have to virtue signal so hard about what someone else wants in their house. Why do we have to be such dicks to each other?

Some folks just want everyone to know they are happy in the 13th century like the clergy in Iran.

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    I use a different approach. I use their site to research products and read reviews and check prices. Then attempt to buy local or from another online retailer. Has worked pretty well in the past.

Top Bottom