May 9, 2009
    West Texas

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    An across-the-board federal agency spending uptick in September – a total of $97 billion in contracts in September 2018 – is an annual tradition as agencies feverishly attempt to spend funds before the end of the fiscal year to hide that they can make do with less the following year.
    And they could have loaned it to Trump for our border wall.

https://nypost.com/2019/03/08/this-federal-agency-spent-4-6m-on-shellfish-in-a-month-watchdog/

“Use it or lose it” budgets are the antithesis of good business.

Hence, government budgets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

gshayd

Ugliest house on the block.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2018
    Beaumont, Texas
    When I was deployed overseas we got a 48' foot refrigerated trailer of lobster tails in overseas. In the process of clearing the trailer with dogs than a physical search, we discovered the seal on the trailer had been violated. The slicky boy Russians at a border stop broke the seal and artfully tried to put it back together. I had to get a contract with our local fixer to take the lobster tails to a dump and burn them since the seal had been broken. Our local fixer was a guy I had nicknamed Tony Soprano. He was probably Russian Mafia he liked the nickname...lol. He had his own armed private security force in his compound.

We went with Tony to witness the burning of the lobster. His guys unloaded the lobster doused it with flammable material. Next thing you know must have been a thousand kids grabbing flaming lobster out of the pile. My subordinate asked what we were going to do. I said watch the kids to make sure they don't catch on fire. He said we should stop them. I said if you chase one of those kids and he gets hurt you just created an international incident. I said we will report what happened and if anybody gets mad they get to do the burning next time. Largest report of Survey I ever oversaw....lol.

My first year overseeing a military budget and I saved over $300,000 dollars. After getting my arse chewed on I spent all I could and then requested other departments budgets if they had not spent it. My Evaluations said I was a good steward of government money.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Buster1979
    Top Bottom