• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ml1209

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    Lock and load!

Four alleged MS-13 gang members arrested in Houston | TOP STORIES | KHOU.com | News for Houston, Texas

Four alleged MS-13 gang members arrested in Houston

HOUSTON – Houston police, the FBI and ICE arrested four dangerous men along the busy feeder road of the Katy Freeway in front of Memorial City Mall.

“The men are from Mara-Salvatrucha. This is a Central American gang that has come into the U.S. It is taking over different cities,” said an undercover special agent from Houston’s FBI.

Mara Salvatrucha is also known as MS-13, and they are one of the most violent gangs in the United States.

In Houston, authorities say there are up to 15 groups of MS-13 members committing violent crimes. But thanks to two brave women, one of these cells is no longer in business.

The women worked at a beauty salon near Fondren and Westheimer. They say that last month, MS-13 gang members held them up. Then they took their money, stole their property, and raped one of the victims.

But before the gunmen left, the gang members told the women their salon would have to pay $100 a week for protection.

According to the undercover FBI agent, this is what worries law enforcement the most.

“Once they come over, they get a hold of some of these businesses and they start receiving additional income. Then, the groups start getting stronger and they bring more people into the group,” said the special agent.

A week later, the MS-13 group returned to the salon to collect their extortion money, but the women locked the doors. Police say the gang members retaliated by driving by and opening fire.

“It took us about two weeks to crack group. We kept on them,” said the special agent.

In all, seven people, including a 15-year-old boy, have been taken into custody.

During the arrest, the task force found guns, ammunition, a machete and written plans to conduct another robbery.

Law enforcement agencies say these MS-13 cells often target businesses that may not always be entirely on the what they call the "up-and-up," such as game rooms.

“There could be countless crimes that have not been reported because they are afraid to go to the police,” said the special agent.

The task force says if the two women at the salon hadn't spoken up, the MS-13 cell would be planning its next attack.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    A few years ago these slime slugs killed a baby in Huffman. MS 13 in Houston I'm sorry to say is not new. Good on the HPD for keeping after them.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    A few years ago these slime slugs killed a baby in Huffman. MS 13 in Houston I'm sorry to say is not new. Good on the HPD for keeping after them.

Wow, another agreement.

You'd be surprised at the things that are going on that you don't hear about. When the media breaks something like this isn't usually already old news but they spin it as new a breaking. They have to, it's the code of media to gain viewers and sell advertising. Sometimes it LE that makes sure it gets to the media as part of their operation.

I grew up in Houston and still have family there and I hate to say, I just don't like going back that much. I'm amazed at how so much of Houston feels like a 3rd world country. And everyone in my family live in nice areas, gated etc. It's just all around.

We used to hang out in Memorial City in High School drinking Lowenbrau from Dairy Queen cups before heading out to cruise Westheimer, Long Point hit the clubs etc. Things have really changed in the last 30 years......

onac255

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    El Paso, TX
    These MS-13 POS scumbags are a problem worldwide.

My grandparents house got broken into 3 times in Chihuahua City. They also live in a gated community.

Now they have electric fence all around the cinder block walls.

My cousin waited outside with a bunch of friends in a car every night until the two gang members jumped the wall and then pounced on them.

Beat 7 shades of $hit out of em and then called the "authorities" (if you can even call them crooked cops that)

fm2

Event Coordinator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Good info.

The History channel has a program on these guys. It's an eye opener as to their methods etc...

jfrey

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Coastal Texas
    One more glaring reason to support and practice concealed carry. These gangs are sprouting up everywhere. You have to keep your eyes open these days.

brickboy240

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Houston, TX, USA
    Have you been on Long Point in the last 5 years or so? Long Point looks like Matamoros!

Yes, this city is going to the dogs. The only decent neighborhoods are eiher way out in the sticks or the uppidy areas with houses that start around 400 grand and go way up from there (West U., Bellaire, Heights, etc.).

I hate this city and the only reason I am here is because I work in the pertochemical biz and can make money. As soon as we can retire and leave...you bet we're leaving!

Houston is one congested, spray painted, third world mess...but so are all larger Texas cities. San Antonio, Austin and Dallas are not any better, really.

- brickboy240

robbo1965

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Spring, Texas
    Have you been on Long Point in the last 5 years or so? Long Point looks like Matamoros!

Yes, this city is going to the dogs. The only decent neighborhoods are eiher way out in the sticks or the uppidy areas with houses that start around 400 grand and go way up from there (West U., Bellaire, Heights, etc.).

I hate this city and the only reason I am here is because I work in the pertochemical biz and can make money. As soon as we can retire and leave...you bet we're leaving!

Houston is one congested, spray painted, third world mess...but so are all larger Texas cities. San Antonio, Austin and Dallas are not any better, really.

- brickboy240

It's even come to the point where you have to keep your doors and windows locked these days.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas

- brickboy240

I have, a time or 2. I grew up not all that far from there and I have a sister that lives not far off Long Point. As a kid I remember the slum apartments that used to be where their house is now. It of course has a 10' brick wall and gate with a guard 7x24. But the neighborhood out side there is full of tear-down rebuilds that have been a trend for the last several years.

When in town I always forget to run over and see is Competition Sales is still there. Last time i was down that far it was. I was amazed.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    People have publicly described Humble as "looking like a third world country."

IAHGUN

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    Humble
    Humble like a third word country ?? could you explain better coz I live in Humble and i lived in 3rd WC, Europe and Miami, Humble to me seems a nice place to live, at least the part where I'm living, maybe not the best place to live but for sure not the worst and compare it with 3rd word country, c'mon ....

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    Humble like a third word country ?? could you explain better coz I live in Humble and i lived in 3rd WC, Europe and Miami, Humble to me seems a nice place to live, at least the part where I'm living, maybe not the best place to live but for sure not the worst and compare it with 3rd word country, c'mon ....

I'm sure he didn't mean that it would literally compare side by side to a real 3 WC. Although there are parts of the Houston area that might make a 3WC look like a tropical vacation.

dmkav24

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    i know in new york its a long time in jail for killing any body even in self defense but here in texas i thought killing a gang member was only an $18 fine if thats still the case get them off the streets.

glockrocker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Its really time states like Texas, Arkansas, and cali--nevermind, TX and AR stop playing catch and release with these little illegal bastards. I cant verify any of this, but I'm told when INS catches an illegal its a free meal and a free trip back home to just cross over again. And I'm also told the government put 'Watering Stations' in the deserts so these trespassers wont die of dehydration as often on there illegal trip over. And don't get me started to what some poor farmers that own land a little to close to the border have to go through every day. (squatting, bodies dumped on front yards, home invasions, ect.). This nation needs to implement a Federal Castle Law; you get caught tresspassing, kiss it goodbye.

Top Bottom