• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Reverendbiker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2008
    Central Texas
    Just bought a new STI Trojan 5" in 9mm yesterday and can't get out to shoot it! I've field stripped it twice, cleaned it up and lubed it, racked the slide a few hundred times, and dry-fired it. Being a minister, I'm pretty well tied up today but next week I'll be busting up a couple of hundred of my best reloads.
    I normally spend my range time with my CBOB but plan to do an informal shoot-off next week between the new STI and my trusty CZ75D. Since I live just a few miles from the STI shop I'll be pulling for the hometown product against the Czech entry...
    trojan.jpg
    Lynx Defense

stainone

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    temple,texas
    sweet gun !! let us know how you like the trigger?dawson sights? one other thing is the trigger plastic? i know that the new xdm have a plastic trigger.also if is plastic does it feel solid? i'm a xd guy and have the dawson setup on my xd5in tac.love them.the dawson team is great and sell and trick out more STI than anyone.if you are ever in Florance,Tx. and want see what they can do check them out 10 miles or so off I35.the cleanest machine shop you will ever see ask for the 5 cent tour.ok well congrats !! have fun shooting

Reverendbiker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2008
    Central Texas
    sweet gun !! let us know how you like the trigger?dawson sights? one other thing is the trigger plastic? i know that the new xdm have a plastic trigger.also if is plastic does it feel solid? i'm a xd guy and have the dawson setup on my xd5in tac.love them.the dawson team is great and sell and trick out more STI than anyone.if you are ever in Florance,Tx. and want see what they can do check them out 10 miles or so off I35.the cleanest machine shop you will ever see ask for the 5 cent tour.ok well congrats !! have fun shooting
    The trigger is very crisp and (my guess) about 5#. The trigger itself is stainless steel with a glass-filled polymer shoe; I like its feel but won't know more untill I've fired a couple of hundred rounds with it. I absolutely love the Dawson fiber optic front sight--my aging old eyes pick it up much quicker than any other sight I've ever used.

Reverendbiker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2008
    Central Texas
    Looks amazing, where did you buy it from?
    I bought it from Austin Gun Liquidators, one of my favorite toy stores. Great prices and great service. Another great place to buy is Brazos Custom Gunworks; they don't have a retail store, but they are in Texas and will ship to your FFL. They do great gunsmithing and can send you an STI pistol stock or with just about any modification you'd like.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rgomez5329
    Top Bottom