• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    BTW, the story sounds like bullshit to me.
    Simply reholstering a gun, with “my finger away from the trigger” won’t make it discharge.

In my opinion, he pulled the trigger as he was shoving it down into the holster.

Last edited by a moderator:

BillFairbanks

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2017
    Johnson County, TX
    Simply reholstering a gun, with “my finger away from the trigger” won’t make it discharge.

In my opinion, he pulled the trigger as he was shoving it down into the holster.

Either that or part of the holster folded into the trigger guard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    That issue is not unique to striker action pistols.

A 1911 will do the same thing under certain conditions. As will a revolver.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Either that or part of the holster folded into the trigger guard.

In that case, if you are pushing on your gun THAT hard to reholster it , then something is wrong
    I still have a hard time buying that story

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    The next day there was a show on my DVR about how to properly use Sticky holsters, by removing the holster from your waistband, inserting the gun into the holster, and then replacing the gun inside the holster into your waistband. Stating that doing this improperly has resulted in a number of injuries!!!!

I'm pretty certain either and/or both of the manuals for my Sticky brand or Remora pocket holsters state exactly that. Take it out of the pocket to reholster, then put the holstered gun back in.

BillFairbanks

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2017
    Johnson County, TX
    I'm pretty certain either and/or both of the manuals for my Sticky brand or Remora pocket holsters state exactly that. Take it out of the pocket to reholster, then put the holstered gun back in.

I think you’re right. I carry with a Sticky brand pocket holster and I always take it out to reholster.

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex

If the trigger snags on something else, like your shirt, it can. I've seen it at a competition. You have to be careful.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    I think you’re right. I carry with a Sticky brand pocket holster and I always take it out to reholster.

The times I carry my Shield in a sticky holster, I do the same. I don't think it is possible to safely reholster with it still in your belt because it completely collapses when you draw.

Frank59

Wheel Gunner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2018
    San Angelo
    No safety then don’t chamber a round.
    I agree. The design of the P-365 sucks. Wished I hadn't bought mine. You have to lock the slide back to insert the magazine and once you lock into battery there's a chambered round. You would have to carry the weapon in a holster and keep the mag in your pocket or somewhere else on your person.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    No safety then don’t chamber a round.

No thanks.

The reading comprehension of this group is pretty damn low. He states that the holster IS NOT a Sticky brand holster but is instead a Blackhawk IWB Techgrip.

A distinction without a difference. They do the same thing when a gun is drawn from them and they are left in the waistband.

He blaming everyone and everything other than himself.......

I wouldn't go that far but he is very fixated on the fact that he was following the directions from Black Hawk without considering if reholstering that way was a good idea to begin with.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom