• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Yeah, "Sticky" type holsters in the waistline are basically one step above Mexican carry. I'll use a soft sided holster for pocket carry, but if the pistol's gonna be on my waist I want something secure that I know won't go moving around when I move. I don't see the appeal of floppy fabric holsters outside of pocket carry.

Old_Inspector

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2011
    Spring, Texas
    I've carried striker-fired pistols for years and still carry one on occasion. I practice the same safety techniques that I learned on the Model 1911 and on revolvers. I have had two ADs, both my fault. Two things struck me with the video: 1) the shooter let his finger slip inside the trigger guard during the draw, so when he swept off the safety and his finger instinctively tightened on the trigger, the pistol fired (just as it was supposed to do) and 2) the shooter was concentrating on the target, not on the draw. He made two mistakes and he paid for it. I don't use specialty holsters or restraining straps because both require that you train with that holster exclusively. My holsters are either hard leather (such as horsehide Kydex or composites of Kydex and leather. These are my choices. Over the years, I've found that the only way to re-holster any firearm into any soft or flexible holster is to remove the holster, reinsert the weapon and reposition the holster on your waist. When drawing a Model 1911 or other safety-equipped weapon, I insert my thumb parallel to the slide along the grip and move my thumb up under the safety as I draw. If there is no safety, no harm.

phoenix

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2014
    i have worried about that. I like that the glock has these things you can get at lonewolf that is a platic plug that goes in there that you can just push out and they also have a replacement trigger with a safety device. I may get another one.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2018
    East Texas
    I agree. The design of the P-365 sucks. Wished I hadn't bought mine. You have to lock the slide back to insert the magazine and once you lock into battery there's a chambered round. You would have to carry the weapon in a holster and keep the mag in your pocket or somewhere else on your person.

Either you have a horribly defective P365 or you don't have a P365. Your statement is 100% incorrect...unless you're being sarcastic...if so, carry on.

Oh, also I carry a P365 in a blackhawk tecgrip. Strictly pocket carry. I'm pretty sure the instructions that came with mine said to put the pistol in the holster first, then put both together IWB or in pocket.

Please excuse the pocket lint. Also, I did a small sewing alteration to aid in getting a full grip while drawing.
    20181205_194514.jpg

Last edited:

Frank59

Wheel Gunner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2018
    San Angelo
    Your statement is 100% incorrect
    Yes sir I was wrong. I'm glad you called me out on it. I checked a you tube video with hickok45 and I'm glad I did. I thought the only operation of the P-365 were per the owners manual instructions. I bought mine in May and have only had time to put about 300 rounds thru it. Appreciate the heads up!!

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    Yes sir I was wrong. I'm glad you called me out on it. I checked a you tube video with hickok45 and I'm glad I did. I thought the only operation of the P-365 were per the owners manual instructions. I bought mine in May and have only had time to put about 300 rounds thru it. Appreciate the heads up!!
    faceplam.jpg
    loon.jpg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2018
    East Texas

No problem. PM me if you run into any issues with it. I can walk you through upgrading to a new striker or any trigger reset spring issues if they ever arise.

Top Bottom