Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    OK, everybody feel free to flame.

This sort of stupidity infuriates me:

From the vid:
    FOR THE FIRST TIME IN HISTORY
    AN UNDISPUTED WORLD SHOOTING CHAMPION
    Really? Seriously?

Any "world shooting champion" must be able prevail while being tested by courses of fire recognized...wait for it...by the entire world.

Just because the NRA and a sponsor want to bill something as "undisputed" doesn't make it so. It's laughable. To the extent the rest of the world will even notice this event, the response will be "If you're the world champion, show me your Olympic gold medal."

I'm all for diversity in the shooting sports but it just makes the NRA look stupid and presumptuous to declare a world standard when the NRA is a U.S.-based organization. Wanna dictate "world standards"? You need a worldwide organization with tests recognized in every country. Like it or not, that means the ISSF and Olympic gold.

Sheesh, the NRA does so much good stuff that when they pull a stunt this insulting to, quite literally, the competitive shooting community of the entire world it just makes them look like redneck chumps.
    Hurley's Gold

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    What infuriated me was how slow that guy was with the shotgun. Square up into it, get your support hand further forward and higher and control that recoil, Jethro.

Dredens

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2014
    Sealy
    What infuriated me was how slow that guy was with the shotgun. Square up into it, get your support hand further forward and higher and control that recoil, Jethro.

But, but, if he doesn't shoot like a maniac, how will the world know he's the undisputed champion? /s

Andy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2013
    Dallas, TX
    Sheesh, the NRA does so much good stuff that when they pull a stunt this insulting to, quite literally, the competitive shooting community of the entire world it just makes them look like redneck chumps.
    No disagreement from me there; I always used to get a chuckle out of total, barefaced arrogance like that when living overseas.

Easy to be "World Champion" when you don't invite anyone else - might as well hold an ass-kicking contest in your backyard and call yourself "World Champ". Whoop.

Last edited:

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.

wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    Funny how many "First EVAH World Championship" 3-Gun matches are being held this year.

The first (that I know of) was the only one that could even sort of claim the title, the Rocky Mountain 3-Gun (itself formerly the Soldier of Fortune 3-Gun). They are calling their five day expanded Raton extravaganza for 2014 the "World Championship."

Now, as usual, the NRA is a day late and far short of competence...

codygjohnson

Eats breakfast everyday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Flower Mound
    Just because the NRA and a sponsor want to bill something as "undisputed" doesn't make it so. It's laughable. To the extent the rest of the world will even notice this event, the response will be "If you're the world champion, show me your Olympic gold medal."

I happen to be the undisputed world champion sportwalker. It's not my fault the Olympics is too old fashioned and stuck-up to recognize my sport. I mean, they've got "racewalking" but that doesn't even come close to the perilous, hard work and sacrifice that is sportwalking. Your accusation that I'm not worthy of the title is very discriminatory and probably racist too.

LHzj9_zps3e981480.gif

Last edited:

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    I happen to be the undisputed world champion sportwalker. It's not my fault the Olympics is too old fashioned and stuck-up to recognize my sport. I mean, they've got "racewalking" but that doesn't even come close to the perilous, hard work and sacrifice that is sportwalking. Your accusation that I'm not worthy of the title is very discriminatory and probably racist too.

LHzj9.gif

They took back their gif Cody!!!! :laughing:

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    BE, I get your point about "world champions" if the whole world is not competing. As Chirpy said, like MLB? Or NBA? But ignore that and consider that the US is the biggest Western influence in the world. As the US popular culture goes, so goes our allies, and even our enemies. As someone who has lived and traveled overseas I will say do not underestimate our culture and influence on the world.

One aspect that may not be seen by us, but perhaps considered by the NRA or the competitions sponsors is that this video clip is inspirational/aspirational advertising. "World Shooting Championship" sounds like an aspirational event from a marketing standpoint. There are some great shooters from nations around the globe, but the very first the event has to be created. The event has to be born, to entice competitors,to advertise and call out to people to want to come. Folks who see that commercial and think "Hey, I could do that. I wanna do that. I'm gonna do that". Before you know it, the next year's round of competitors is doubled.

I wouldn't look at this as the NRA's arrogance. I would look at this as the NRA's push & prmotion to create an event that can be carried forward for years to come, bringing support and competitors world wide. To foster a goal, a sport, and a lifestyle of firearms. We as 2A supporters are always looking for and needing ways to educate the young ones, to educate society and the benevolent to the benefits, and at the very least "the other side" of firearms. All we hear of guns in the media is the mass shootings and school massacres.

We claim guns for hunting sport/competition and self defense. This world shooting competition allows the firearms world, the manufacturers, to showcase their guns, to showcase their R&D, to showcase their talent, to showcase the sport and the skill and the fun of firearms. Not just these ugly things that the media prefers to portray. The media likes to say guns are baby killers. This competition shows that firearms are more than that. Heck, we have some very talented young shooters who can out perform many many adults. They are proof that guns are fun. That guns are for sport. That guns are safe. That guns aren't this scarey mysterious thing that "just go off".

Promotion of safe firearms handling and expert marksmanship and skill is something we all should encourage. The fact that a group like the NRA has the funds and the means to promote our cause is icing on the cake. Otherwise we could sit idly by, hoarding ammo and passing time while waiting for Michael Moore and Mayor Bloomberg to issue directives to ban guns and make movies that rail against our 2A rights.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Multi-discipline shooting champions from all over the world will be invited, then open registration for those who think they have what it takes.

Registration Requirements:

​Initial invitations to champion shooters around the world will be sent out in early February 2014. By Mid February open registration will be available. 400 shooters total will compete. For consideration for a champion invitation send championships won & outline of shooting credentials to: info@peacemakernational.com

Just a thought....

The U.S. is a place where anyone can come to from another Country to compete. In many Countries, the competitive shooter must travel outside their home Country just to practice and compete, because their Government doesn't allow them to own guns. A pretty good place to have the Championship, I think..

jmho....

Last edited:
    Top Bottom