This is what happens when you get knocked on your a**.

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by carney, May 14, 2009.

1. carney

carney Member

Mar 8, 2008
    Outside DFW metromess.
    I work for a rural sheriff's department just to give you a quick background. Anyway, my sergeant got a call of a horse running up and down the road. Well he gets there and the horse is about half nuts, it just keeps running up and down the road, finally the horse gets worn out and he finds a gate to put the horse into the field. Well sarge gets the gate unlatched and is about midway through opening the gate when the horse attempts to jump the gate, hits my sergeant on the side and he lands with his gun side down. Here are the results of the 226, which never left the holster.

Sorry for the blurry pictures, they were taken with a cell.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Before the gun was taken down, the magazine was removed and some dirt was shaken out, then we attempted to fire the gun and..........IT WORKED!!!

Anyways the pictures above are after the gun was taken down and the excess dirt was shaken off.

2. A_FIVE-O

A_FIVE-O Active Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Houston-Laredo
    Damn! I bet he's got a big azz bruise on the side his holster was at.

3. GM.Chief

GM.Chief Well-Known

Mar 16, 2009
    Wow!!! Don't know that I would've fired it myself, but to each their own. That's alot of damage for just falling on it. Ok, I'm also pretty new so, I have to ask...Why is there a battery in the gun (pics 4 and 5)?

4. carney

carney Member

Mar 8, 2008
    Outside DFW metromess.
    The county issues us crimson trace laser grips for the pistols.

5. GM.Chief

GM.Chief Well-Known

Mar 16, 2009
    I see...that makes perfect sense...thank you for the clarification, carney.

6. Major Woody

Major Woody Active Member

Sep 12, 2008
    He's lucky it's a replacement part. He's sleeping on his tummy tonight. Horses are so powerful, we had a big red quarter horse and the dog came up and barked and he pulled a 2x14x10 right off the corral and it hit the young lady right in the head with that board. She had temporary trouble with math for a couple days. Then I was sitting bare back under the big oak and he spooked him, and I couldn't reach the tree limb in time. Bruised my whole back side.

7. dbgun

dbgun TGT Addict

Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    Should have called a horse whisperer:rofl:

8. cbigclarke

cbigclarke TGT Addict

Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    Now thats funny right there. i dont care who you are. thats funny right there

9. 40Arpent

40Arpent TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    That had to hurt.

It is a bit difficult to tell by the pictures, but other than some scratches/gouges and what is obviously a boogered-up magazine, what other damages were there? All I can really see is a bunch of dirt.

If you don't read the last sentence under the last photo, one would think that the gun completely blew apart upon impact. :rofl:

10. navyguy

navyguy TGT Addict

Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Actually I don't see anything broken other than than maybe the mag. How did all that dirt/dust get under the grips and under the slide? Did he wallow around in a sand pit?

That gun needs a detail strip and clean for sure.