• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    No actually the training department was decimated from the top trying to get greedy a few years ago.....there were far more NRA instructors than there is today. They tried to get a cut on the action with their on-line course scheme and only letting instructors do the qualifying portion and instructors rebelled and started teaching their own courses instead the the NRA course. I know many in the training department that were doing good work quit the NRA in protest.

The NRA eventually relented and allowed the instructors to start doing the whole course in person again, but it was too late......the damage was done and continues today.

I am one of the instructors that quit teaching the NRA pistol course over the shenanigans.........I'm also an NRA Training Counselor.........
    I quit/let my NRA LE Handgun/Shotgun cert go after they quit allowing interagency training to be used for continuing education and required us to take a $1000 class from them to keep the cert.
    ARJ Defense ad

cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    Would you still support the Republican party if they decided to run HIllary for election?
    I do not support a party but only candidates based on their voting records on issues of importance. I only support NRA based on their commitment to help kids in the youth sporting arena and assisting in college scholarships and grants and supplies which help many low income families whose only goals is to empower their kids and protect our rights. You do realize I am not a fan of WLP just like most other members and we all want a resolution.

GeauxLSU

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2022
    San Antonio
    Any perceived good the NRA does at this point could be infinitely better served by direct contributions to whatever activity or group you choose. I didn't think any organization could be less efficient with money than the federal government. The NRA has proven me wrong.
    Life member here and they will not get another dime until and unless that disgusting reprobate is gone and a major house cleaning takes place. Not holding my breathe.

cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    No actually the training department was decimated from the top trying to get greedy a few years ago.....there were far more NRA instructors than there is today. They tried to get a cut on the action with their on-line course scheme and only letting instructors do the qualifying portion and instructors rebelled and started teaching their own courses instead the the NRA course. I know many in the training department that were doing good work quit the NRA in protest.

The NRA eventually relented and allowed the instructors to start doing the whole course in person again, but it was too late......the damage was done and continues today.

I am one of the instructors that quit teaching the NRA pistol course over the shenanigans.........I'm also an NRA Training Counselor.........
    I heard about this happening from prior NRA instructors. I hate hearing about this since shooting courses and training are in demand and according to my contacts with 4H, Boy scouts, FFA, ROTC and hell even the Girl Scouts shooting and marksmanship training is growing. Do you believe this is why the NRA has taken the route to partner with these groups and offer grants to them for the reason you mentioned?

cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    Any perceived good the NRA does at this point could be infinitely better served by direct contributions to whatever activity or group you choose. I didn't think any organization could be less efficient with money than the federal government. The NRA has proven me wrong.
    Life member here and they will not get another dime until and unless that disgusting reprobate is gone and a major house cleaning takes place. Not holding my breathe.

That is the biggest consensus I have been getting that the NRA needs a major house cleaning starting with WLP. Even the members I met at the last NRA convention stated there needs to be changes in the management.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    <>

BTW, we are 4 generations Ye Ole War Skule.

I spent 18 years @ LSU.

6.5 years @ U.T. & 4 @ BAYLOR MED.

LSU is going to Hell, too. Last May at both N. O. & SVP Med Schools’ Graduation ceremonies, the “System President” speech was on the value of RAP MUSIC !

leVieux

Ausländer

Yak Shaving
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 14, 2022
    New Braunfels

Yes, the gentleman that was put in charge did try to increase revenue with the Blended and online courses. The reasoning given is that the NRA had (once again) cut funding to the Training department and we needed to replace that on our own and the fact that many states went to online certifications for carry license applications - which meant that signups for pistol classes was down.

All of the instructors and TC's that I know complained and like you said it was eventually changed. We did lose many good instructors and TC's because of it (and other reasons), but I still feel that the Training Dept does a very good job especially when compared to the rest of the NRA. I wish the manuals and pics could be updated to something within the last 20 years, but that's a different story.

I'm a TC as well.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yes, the gentleman that was put in charge did try to increase revenue with the Blended and online courses. The reasoning given is that the NRA had (once again) cut funding to the Training department and we needed to replace that on our own and the fact that many states went to online certifications for carry license applications - which meant that signups for pistol classes was down.

All of the instructors and TC's that I know complained and like you said it was eventually changed. We did lose many good instructors and TC's because of it (and other reasons), but I still feel that the Training Dept does a very good job especially when compared to the rest of the NRA. I wish the manuals and pics could be updated to something within the last 20 years, but that's a different story.

I'm a TC as well.
    <>

Thanks, and yes; BUT I once saw a listing of some of Wayne’s extravagant spending, all charged to the NRA. Same NRA we had been donating to.

A $7,000 SUIT ?

leVieux

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    @leVieux
    The gentleman that I was referring to was the one put in charge of the Training Dept, not WLP.

I believe I spoke with the gentleman that you note, some time ago at a shooting event I attended. I can say, in no uncertain terms, that he feels all the frustration and anger that we feel, and that he was trying to do what he could do to help right the ship. While focusing on keeping the training side on the straight, strong, and level. And trying to do all this without getting on the political side of the internal workings of the NRA. A tough position for anybody to be in.

Last edited:

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

I'm a TC as well.
    <>

What is a ‘’TC’’ ?

?

Ausländer

Yak Shaving
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 14, 2022
    New Braunfels
    What is a ‘’TC’’ ?
    Training Counselor
    TC's are responsible for training the trainers on how to lead and instruct classes based on the NRA material.

For example: to become an NRA Instructor (pick a discipline - rifle, pistol, RSO, shotgun, reloading....) you have to take and pass a class taught by a TC. Certified instructors can assist a TC, but they can not certify someone as an instructor - only the TC can sign off on that.

How to become a TC.
    To be eligible to attend an NRA Training Counselor Development Workshop, you must be an NRA Certified Instructor for a minimum of 24 months with the Pistol or Advanced Certified Pistol discipline plus one other live-fire instructional discipline. Additionally, you must conduct a minimum of 10 NRA courses (as the lead trainer), have taught a minimum of 50 students using a combination of two live-fire disciplines and reported through your NRAInstructors.org account.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My late businessman Dad had been an Intelligence Officer in military counterintelligence. He warned that dissatisfied employees were ‘’weak spots’’ of organizations, prime for all sorts of chicanery.

Today, we see Soros & ilk ‘’buying’’ all sorts of politicians and bureaucrats.

Now take old Wayne, there. . . . . .

Just saying, not accusing. . . . . . yet. . . . .

?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2023
    Houston
    Glad the NRA finally stopped calling me to ask for money. After many years of letting them complete their long-winded pitch, I would always respond with "not another dime until WLP is gone." They finally got the hint. As a Life Member, I look forward to helping rebuild once the storm finally passes.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    Glad the NRA finally stopped calling me to ask for money. After many years of letting them complete their long-winded pitch, I would always respond with "not another dime until WLP is gone." They finally got the hint. As a Life Member, I look forward to helping rebuild once the storm finally passes.
    It's been twelve years since I last supported the nra, the junk mail has stopped other than American Rifleman but they haven't stopped calling a few times a year.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Tom Cotton is at it again.

Good God!

WLP will continue to receive $2M+ annually after he retires, for as long as he lives?

That's amazing. Shocking and terrible, too.

Beyond those few words, I'm speechless.

Top Bottom