• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Elbe

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    San Antonio
    Here is a resource, www.k12.com. Yes, it is still a public school curriculum, but it is free and you have more control over what the lessons are and you take out things like the indoctrination of the school teachers/admins, violent school environments, and bad influence of other kids with values/parents you don't agree with.
    Lynx Defense

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I am a retired teacher with a Masters and I've had a dream for many years. I wanted to hire out to a wealthy family who wanted their kids to get a slice of real life in education. It would all be learning by doing.

To learn math, they would build a small building. Learn cooking by preparing a meal and eventually by serving meals in a homeless shelter for Social Studies. Learn about government by going to Washington DC and to the Texas Capital building. Learn swimming by SCUBA diving off the Mexican coast. Learn self confidence with Karate, Judo and white water rafting.

All education would be "hands on". I'm too old now. It was just a dream.

There is a local group of Home school parents who wanted me to teach shop skills to their kids. It was a good idea but never took off.

Those are ways a kid can get a meaningful education.

A+B+C/2= 72. So what? What they learn should have application.

Flash

cbigclarke

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    I am a retired teacher with a Masters and I've had a dream for many years. I wanted to hire out to a wealthy family who wanted their kids to get a slice of real life in education. It would all be learning by doing.

To learn math, they would build a small building. Learn cooking by preparing a meal and eventually by serving meals in a homeless shelter for Social Studies. Learn about government by going to Washington DC and to the Texas Capital building. Learn swimming by SCUBA diving off the Mexican coast. Learn self confidence with Karate, Judo and white water rafting.

All education would be "hands on". I'm too old now. It was just a dream.

There is a local group of Home school parents who wanted me to teach shop skills to their kids. It was a good idea but never took off.

Those are ways a kid can get a meaningful education.

A+B+C/2= 72. So what? What they learn should have application.

Flash

I'll expect you here at 10.00. They will be waiting for you

Top Bottom