• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    In all fairness, do you think the current situation was caused by "Obama"? It's a problem that's been in the making for years. Bush got lucky and was able to walk away and leave it to someone else to try to fix as it's jumping the tracks.

You also realize, The President only signs bills that come out of Congress, right? This proposed bill is coming out of the Senate Banking Committee but...the 2nd paragraph of the article says it best:

"The Connecticut Democrat's effort -- which comes in response to urging from FDIC Chairman Sheila Bair, Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke and Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner -- would give the FDIC access to more money to rebuild its fund that insures consumers' deposits, which have been hard hit by a string of bank failures."

So, I don't think anyone's going to call the Police on you, but they might chuckle, then put you on high priority watch. :p

As s side note, everything being done sucks to try to fix a problem what's not easily fixable and sucks worse. My guy physically wrenches every time I hear what's being done next or when I watch and read and follow the whole thing. I see wealth that took year and years to amass, shriveling by leaps and bounds daily, yet wonder how much "money" will even be worth one day anyway. And current budget proposals ad a whole new weapon of destruction.

I wouldn't feel so bad if first, they lined up the people from over the years who created this out of personal greed, and shot each one in the head.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    Ok, you edited your post so mine, in response, makes no sense now.

I'll leave mine. I'm sure others will come along and say the same kind of thing.

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    Yea, I've posted some honest comments on LEOs and didn't wanna antagonize some sensitive souls, lol.

What I think, is Obama has been talking down the economy. Every other word was crisis or catastophe. Along with the ill-timed spending spree (not that I agree with one dollar of it), the markets are scared. Tax increases on the wealthy, decreasing the amount you can deduct for charitable contributions, mortgage (interest) write offs, etc., are scaring the crap out of peple.

This does not even begin to touch the real crux of the problem. Obama is in an executive position with ZERO executive experience. He isn't surrounding himself with good people, to boot.

What in the world does Twitter know outside of being a Chatty Kathy flavor of the month technology?

If you saw Geithner beating up on the oil companies ( two days ago iirc) instead of addressing any real problems or concerns, you would be correct in soiling your pants.

I mean, WTF, Obama created a WHOLE 25 jobs today in Columbus, Ohio for 1.25 million (or so) dollars. The jobs are funded for one year. One whole year. I could have doubled that easily ... I would have paid 50 people $25,000.00 a year to sit on lawnmowers.

LOL, this really cheeses me off and has nothing to do with setting America on the right path.

So, how's everyone's 201k doing?

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    NEWFLASH --- Eleanor Clift (Liberal on McLauglin Group) just agreed with me that Obama has no business advising the general public to buy stocks.

Just goes to show, if you live long enough....

Anyway, I'm up to page 66 of Amity Shlaes book, The Forgotten Man, and have to say. I am concerned.

Top Bottom