This made me chuckle...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by randomoutburst, Dec 13, 2009.

1. randomoutburst

randomoutburst Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Grayson County
    ...because SOMEONE gets it.
    [​IMG]
    from mylifeisaverage.com

2. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    Oh yea, that'll stop em, lol.

3. Hawghauler

Hawghauler Active Member

Oct 5, 2009
    Idaho
    That's telling em!

4. randomoutburst

randomoutburst Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Grayson County
    The comments on this particular entry were kind of disappointing though. A lot of people didn't seem to get that (I'm pretty sure) the OP was hinting that perhaps banning guns doesn't stop people from carrying them.
    Eh. Anyway.

5. RPB

RPB Active Member

Dec 9, 2009
    Texas
    I got it, and that's the exact reason why I LOVE that MY bank has a ghostbuster sign, like the OP mentioned, instead of a 30.06 .....
    (else I'd change banks)

6. lonestar

lonestar Member

Oct 9, 2009
    Brownwood, Texas
  7. RPB

RPB Active Member

Dec 9, 2009
    Texas
    . ghostbusters_1.jpg . NO_GUNS.png
    Red circle with a line through it ..... it holds the same authority a "gunbuster sign" has in Texas. ... Since licensed, Ignore them, they are just there to stop unlicensed carrying in there by bank robbers etc. (like the OP was joking about, that sign stopping robbers) Regarding "signs", I pay attention to the 2 TABC [red/blue] signs, and 30.06 compliant signs (and purple paint etc. from 30.05)

I assume that if the property owner wanted to keep out licensees, they'd post a 30.06 sign....

The "gunbuster" sign is what the OP mentioned, I just call them ghostbuster signs :rofl: My bank posts gunbuster signs, but licensees are welcome to carry inside the bank, because they won't post a 30.06 sign. (MY BANK IS AWARE THAT KNOWING A BANK MAY HAVE 30 OR MORE ARMED AND TRAINED CITIZENS IN IT, IS A BETTER DETERRANT TO ROBBERS THAN ANY SIGN SAYING "NO GUNS ALLOWED")

Because in Texas, a gunbuster sign, means licensees welcome, come on in and bring your guns, just in case a robber doesn't respect my gunbuster sign.

[​IMG]

8. Texas42

Texas42 TGT Addict

Nov 21, 2008
    Temple
    Wouldn't stop me from concealed carrying either.

: )

You ever wonder how many places post those little signs and think they are legally barring CHLers from going with their gun?

9. RPB

RPB Active Member

Dec 9, 2009
    Texas

Wondered once or twice very briefly, but then I assume they know the difference. Just like they know "STOP" and "YIELD" signs.

I"ve read of businesses that actually HAD 30.06 signs, removed them and put up gunbuster signs instead, (or the "OHIO Revised Code" sign, or other similar "non-compliant sign") for that very reason.

[​IMG]
    This one tickles my funny bone, since it says "unless otherwise authorized by law" (licensee) Seen in Houston, Texas (OHIO REVISED CODE, HA HA)

[​IMG]

Still, not my job to educate people they have the "wrong" sign ... Concealed is concealed. ... besides, I think they DO actually know what they are doing. I believe they are intentionally posting anti-robber + pro-licensee signs ;) At least my bank does.

Here's a whole selection of non-30.06 signs they can choose from if you know anyone wanting a gunbuster sign that has no effect on licensees. I'm thinking of putting different ones in every room of the house :rolleyes:
    Guns on ComplianceSigns.com

(I have no affiliation with any sign company, just find them amusing)

10. Texas High Caliber

Texas High Caliber Member

Aug 12, 2009
    DFW
    Yeah, just watch out if you are ever visiting anyone in KS... the ghostbuster sign is the legal sign for businesses to prohibit concealed carry there. I have to pay close attention anytime I go visit my family.