...because SOMEONE gets it.
    picture1sus.png

from mylifeisaverage.com
    Capitol Armory ad

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Grayson County
    The comments on this particular entry were kind of disappointing though. A lot of people didn't seem to get that (I'm pretty sure) the OP was hinting that perhaps banning guns doesn't stop people from carrying them.
    Eh. Anyway.

RPB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Texas
    The comments on this particular entry were kind of disappointing though. A lot of people didn't seem to get that (I'm pretty sure) the OP was hinting that perhaps banning guns doesn't stop people from carrying them.
    Eh. Anyway.

I got it, and that's the exact reason why I LOVE that MY bank has a ghostbuster sign, like the OP mentioned, instead of a 30.06 .....
    (else I'd change banks)

RPB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Texas
    There's another web-site like that btw, pretty funny FML: Your everyday life stories
    Hey RPB, whats a ghostbuster sign buddy?
    ghostbusters_1.jpg
    NO_GUNS.png

Red circle with a line through it ..... it holds the same authority a "gunbuster sign" has in Texas. ... Since licensed, Ignore them, they are just there to stop unlicensed carrying in there by bank robbers etc. (like the OP was joking about, that sign stopping robbers) Regarding "signs", I pay attention to the 2 TABC [red/blue] signs, and 30.06 compliant signs (and purple paint etc. from 30.05)

I assume that if the property owner wanted to keep out licensees, they'd post a 30.06 sign....

The "gunbuster" sign is what the OP mentioned, I just call them ghostbuster signs My bank posts gunbuster signs, but licensees are welcome to carry inside the bank, because they won't post a 30.06 sign. (MY BANK IS AWARE THAT KNOWING A BANK MAY HAVE 30 OR MORE ARMED AND TRAINED CITIZENS IN IT, IS A BETTER DETERRANT TO ROBBERS THAN ANY SIGN SAYING "NO GUNS ALLOWED")

Because in Texas, a gunbuster sign, means licensees welcome, come on in and bring your guns, just in case a robber doesn't respect my gunbuster sign.

picture1sus.png

RPB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Texas
    You ever wonder how many places post those little signs and think they are legally barring CHLers from going with their gun?

Wondered once or twice very briefly, but then I assume they know the difference. Just like they know "STOP" and "YIELD" signs.

I"ve read of businesses that actually HAD 30.06 signs, removed them and put up gunbuster signs instead, (or the "OHIO Revised Code" sign, or other similar "non-compliant sign") for that very reason.

NHE-5332-WEB_300.gif

This one tickles my funny bone, since it says "unless otherwise authorized by law" (licensee) Seen in Houston, Texas (OHIO REVISED CODE, HA HA)

OUE-1780_150.gif

Still, not my job to educate people they have the "wrong" sign ... Concealed is concealed. ... besides, I think they DO actually know what they are doing. I believe they are intentionally posting anti-robber + pro-licensee signs ;) At least my bank does.

Here's a whole selection of non-30.06 signs they can choose from if you know anyone wanting a gunbuster sign that has no effect on licensees. I'm thinking of putting different ones in every room of the house :rolleyes:
    Guns on ComplianceSigns.com

(I have no affiliation with any sign company, just find them amusing)

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2009
    DFW
    Yeah, just watch out if you are ever visiting anyone in KS... the ghostbuster sign is the legal sign for businesses to prohibit concealed carry there. I have to pay close attention anytime I go visit my family.

RPB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Texas
    Yeah, just watch out if you are ever visiting anyone in KS... the ghostbuster sign is the legal sign for businesses to prohibit concealed carry there. I have to pay close attention anytime I go visit my family.

Very true, one must learn the laws of any State they go to, like Florida has concealed "weapons" permit, whereas we have concealed "handgun" permits, so, even with reciprocity, all they could carry here is concealed "handguns", but not other "weapons" like clubs, nun-chucks, etc.

Florida:
    Q. What kinds of weapons are included in the concealed weapons law?
    A. The Jack Hagler Self-defense Act defines concealed weapons or firearms as follows: handguns, electronic weapons or devices, tear gas guns, knives and billies.

I'm not a lawyer, that's a layman's opinion.

Top Bottom