• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • #1gunner

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2012
    Dallas
    12:01 is the worst. Cannot believe a LEO would say this especially in front of his partner. The partner has the duty to do a write up or whatever its called when they see something wrong done by another LEO on a stop. At least a sherriff told me this 3 months ago.

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    He has no business being a LEO. He is a total asshole. I like this comment "
    Whats funny is that the citizen was more at risk of being shot then the police officer"

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    I feel bad for the citizen having to endure that.

I received my CCL a couple years ago and was pulled over for the first time a couple weeks ago.

I rolled all the windows down and had a white knuckle death grip on the steering wheel and wasn't about to let go till I had fully explained I had a license and had a gun within my reach.

I even explained that I had to reach right next to the gun in order to pull my wallet.
    I also explained that there was a range bag in the back seat with a couple more because i was coming from an IDPA match.

I didn't want there to be ANY misunderstanding.

The trooper kind of laughed a bit, was very professional and friendly even.

He returned with a warning and said he wanted to stop me to check out what I was driving more than anything else.
    He explained that a Cadillac doesn't typically sound like that.

I responded that it's not yer typical Cadillac.

He asked if it was fast. I held up the warning and said apparently so.

He laughed again and said be careful.

There are 99 cops out there that are aces. But there is always a joker in the deck somewhere.

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    Last time I got pulled over (busted tail light I think) I gave the officer my id and he saw I had a chl long story short we ended up talking guns for about 30 minutes in a gas station parking lot, I love Texas.

Jon Payne

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast
    Can't excuse this old news, but I can explain it I think. Anyone here ever heard of a shithouse cop?
    You don't post officer friendly to work skid row. You put the meanest guys you got over there to handle up on stuff. The "East" side don't get policed the same as the "burbs". Number two, when your buddy is looking for a whore, don't give him a ride and pack. Seems to be a clear violation of stupid places, stupid people, doing stupid things at stupid times. I could be wrong, just my take.

No prostitutes were harmed in the making of this post.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    Wasn't this the video, were the cops search the car, before talking to the armed driver? And the guy had a friend and the hooker in the car? Chl or not, he wasn't entirely innocent...

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    I feel bad for the citizen having to endure that.

I received my CCL a couple years ago and was pulled over for the first time a couple weeks ago.

I rolled all the windows down and had a white knuckle death grip on the steering wheel and wasn't about to let go till I had fully explained I had a license and had a gun within my reach.

I even explained that I had to reach right next to the gun in order to pull my wallet.
    I also explained that there was a range bag in the back seat with a couple more because i was coming from an IDPA match.

I didn't want there to be ANY misunderstanding.

The trooper kind of laughed a bit, was very professional and friendly even.

He returned with a warning and said he wanted to stop me to check out what I was driving more than anything else.
    He explained that a Cadillac doesn't typically sound like that.

I responded that it's not yer typical Cadillac.

He asked if it was fast. I held up the warning and said apparently so.

He laughed again and said be careful.

There are 99 cops out there that are aces. But there is always a joker in the deck somewhere.

This entire post was so well stated I just had to quote it. Well done sir.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    Yeah, this is very old and much discussed.

I spent some time living in the northeast and a lot of people there have a very different view of firearms. I had cops tell me, "We don't want to be like in Texas where cops are getting shot right and left!" That totally confused me, for shooting a cop in Texas makes it Open Season on your ass - and rightly so. I asked where they got that info and never really got an answer except that as evidence they pointed to Houston PD recruiting for officers. They believed that the city must have turnover because of deaths. This was one of many subjects that made me feel like I was actually visiting the Twilight Zone.

Top Bottom