• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ranger60

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Taylor
    Looks like OCT is getting involved again, at least holding a raffle to raise money to pay expenses. Post on a Facebook firearms group.

A couple of hopes if you will, possibly not popular.

One, hope OCTC stays away completely if they still exist. After all, their antics cause the legislature to allow panic buttons. Way to positively influence the law makers. Meant totally sarcastically.

Two, OCT acts responsibly with education and rallys that are not perceived as threatening to the general public and results in bad media coverage. We do not need people like Fatty and Snow Boots!!! It is NOT necessary to have an armed crowd to get your point across. Let's go for positive rather than negative press, and the press will do their best to be negative. They will show the most outrageous individuals, again, picture Fatty and Snow Boots. Prove them wrong!
    Texas SOT

Eli

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Ghettohood - SW Houston
    They banned me fro all their stuff on FB quite some time ago, I called them out for complete lack of diplomacy - notably that idiot CJ - and playing up to anti-gun fears.
    They can all take a flying leap as far as I'm concerned.

Eli

Ranger60

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Taylor
    BTW, 'fatty and snow boots' were in Colorado, not Texas.

Eli

They were, I just seem to remember them all over the news here in a restaurant. The news media made a false implication!!!!!! The horror of it!!!! But thank you for the clarification. At my age, memory often fails!!! LOL

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    So how is it they negatively affected positive OC legislation being passed? Seems to me that there's no evidence they actually hurt anything. Just playing Devil's advocate is all. Haven't seen anything other than conjecture.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    So how is it they negatively affected positive OC legislation being passed? Seems to me that there's no evidence they actually hurt anything. Just playing Devil's advocate is all. Haven't seen anything other than conjecture.

Well, conjecture and thousands of new 06 signs in addition to 07 signs.

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    Is that because of OCT? Or because of awareness, whether on our part of noticing them more or the businesses being more likely to to post? Who's to say those businesses wouldn't have posted any way? I don't think one can say increased NEW postings is directly correlated to OCT. People are idiots, even gun owners. But that's their right, so who cares how they act? People have generally made their minds up about an issue, facts rarely matter... As this last election has proven.

Ranger60

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Taylor
    My opinion is that with an issue as volatile as gun laws, any bad publicity can only hurt and will influence legislators if more people write them about the asshats that think dramatic demonstrations help the cause. This is not civil rights or gay rights, this is something (guns) that a lot of the population is taught to feat by the liberals, liberal media and liberal schools. You can only combat that with education, not with public demonstrations of armed yoyos dressed in cammo.

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    If bad publicity is such a negative and can only hurt a view point, wouldn't Clinton be president elect? Just a thought.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I have nothing against anyone open carrying, but OCT does it more for shock effect and that's where people on the fence about the issue may go against it.

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    I have nothing against anyone open carrying, but OCT does it more for shock effect and that's where people on the fence about the issue may go against it.
    I could agree there. There is also the I carry because it's cool crowd... In their defense it is cool/fun, IMO, but also purposeful... When people start carrying OC ironically, then we're doomed. DOOMED!

Top Bottom