• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    So you post a link and we all add to their viewership?
    Kinda defeats the purpose.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    A Houston Chronicle editor told me the other day, that the new motto there is "Digital First."

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Vaquero;1613104 said:
    So you post a link and we all add to their viewership?
    Kinda defeats the purpose.

Valid point. You could just hover your mouse over the URL to see the full headline. That tells you everything. Lets see if I can edit that.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    I really don't care if they want to wear a headscarf, but the writers position makes it sound like everyone who does is in the same boat of doing it all by choice and the men are modest too. A very one sided story that doesn't fit what I've seen.

I was at a super kroger a few weeks ago and saw a woman in a robe, headscarf, the hole get up. Her husband / man / owner / whatever he was was wearing sandals, shorts, and a cowboys jersey. She was pushing the cart and made sure to stay several paces behind him and kept her eyes down the whole time. She caught up to him at one point and appeared to be reprimanded and immediately retreated to several paces behind.

I don't know what that lady was thinking, but it sure don't sound like the view expressed by the author, or the view being pushed by the paper.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    It's not really a story, just an opinion piece.

Honestly, she probably just gets dirty looks for acting like a bitch and if she doesn't get a dirty look she just finds another reason to call someone out for being an "ist" of some sort.

Maybe people wouldn't dislike her if she didn't walk around judging everyone and assuming she needs to set them straight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bobo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2016
    I haven't read a newspaper since they all adopted the New York Time motto "all the news that is fit to print" and left out "in our opinion".

GunGal

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2017
    How does one even begin to make the argument that wearing a hijab is one of the most American things a person can do? These people are nuts. lol

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    How does one even begin to make the argument that wearing a hijab is one of the most American things a person can do? These people are nuts. lol

Maybe because it goes back to the basic principles on which this country was founded...religious freedom.

In the United States, freedom of religion is a constitutionally protected right provided in the religion clauses of the First Amendment.

Honestly, I don't care if someone wants to wear a hijab, a burka, kilts or even lederhosen the same way I don't care about an individual's sexual preference. Just do what you want and as long as it doesn't interfere with the livelihood of others, who gives a damn?

Nightwatch

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2014
    My "see" in this is that it's another example of us(our goobernment and press and the we gotta-you oughta crowd) pandering to the muslims to make them feel comfortable...while they're carrying out their plan to take us over or...

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    Maybe because it goes back to the basic principles on which this country was founded...religious freedom.

In the United States, freedom of religion is a constitutionally protected right provided in the religion clauses of the First Amendment.

Honestly, I don't care if someone wants to wear a hijab, a burka, kilts or even lederhosen the same way I don't care about an individual's sexual preference. Just do what you want and as long as it doesn't interfere with the livelihood of others, who gives a damn?

Gotta agree with max on this. Gotta watch it - I think that is twice this week, LOL! But I would say "doesn't interfere with the livelihood and freedom of others"

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Probably the next article will be " Sharia Law is the most American thing you can do".

Same here, I can care less what others do as long as it doesn't harm others or infringe upon me, although I may make fun of someone wearing lederhosen...... LOL

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Sorry, to me, a hijab, niqab or burqa are symbols of oppression and wearing them in public is as offensive to my eye as a Klan parade at the corner of MLK and Malcom X, or Nazi rally at a Legion meeting.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    Sorry, to me, a hijab, niqab or burqa are symbols of oppression and wearing them in public is as offensive to my eye as a Klan parade at the corner of MLK and Malcom X, or Nazi rally at a Legion meeting.

If a woman chooses that life then so be it.

We need to be careful here not to overstep the forum rules.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Have no problem with the hijab ... raised Catholic as a kid and was used to seeing the nuns in their habits. Pretty much the same concept, IMO.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Nuns don't get beat up or splashed with acid if they don't wanna be wear a nun habit.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Worn as a symbol of faith, just like a cross, Jewish headwear or something similar, as long as it is a choice and not because others demand it I have no problem with it. When it is required and carries physical penalties, then I have a problem. It is no longer religious. It is a sign of servitude.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Top Bottom