TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    I don't shop on amazon anymore but I just got this email:

"
    Dear Mulletman,

This is the quarterly notification to inform you that the charity you've selected, Gun Owners Foundation, recently received a donation of $35,504.23 from AmazonSmile -- at no cost to you or other customers.
    Thanks to customers shopping at smile.amazon.com, or with AmazonSmile ON in the Amazon Shopping app, everyday purchases have generated over $266 million in donations to charities worldwide so far.

AmazonSmile's impact:

• $245,248.50 to Gun Owners Foundation*
    "
    Lynx Defense

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Ever heard of the Gun Owners Foundation? Or known of someone they helped?

Thanks for the smile

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    So everyone is aware, GOF is a part of GOA:

The Gun Owners Foundation exists in order to educate the public about the importance of the Second Amendment and to provide legal, expert and support assistance for law-abiding individuals involved in firearms-related cases. The Foundation is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization, incorporated in the Commonwealth of Virginia. Contributions to Gun Owners Foundation are fully tax-deductible.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Whatever I can afford to donate goes to THE TEXAS LIONS CAMP in KERRVILLE, TX for REALLY SICK or DISABLED kids.

FWIW, in 2019, we had a camper who was wheelchair bound due to paralysis in both legs.
    When he saw the tall, wooden, "challenge wall" with the rope & bell to ring on top on Sunday afternoon, he turned to his "counselor" (The British college girl, who had been assigned to help him with his wheelchair) & said, "Monica, by Friday, I will ring the bell."
    (On THURSDAY afternoon, he rang the bell TWICE about 20 minutes apart & on Friday, he was going up & down the wall like a squirrel climbing a tree, using ONLY his arms.)

What our campers CAN DO after just 5-6 days must be SEEN to be believed. = To quote a former Vice-Camp Director, "These kids don't know that they can't, so they just do."

yours, satx

Last edited:
    Top Bottom