• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dave W.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Its complicated
    As some may remember I just moved from Maryland to the DFW area of Texas in November.

I used to live in Fort Worth. Apparently in October of 2007 I got pulled over for speeding in Fort Worth.

I went to the court house, entered a plea of not guilty, which they were not real happy about and I was told the court appearance date could be up to 2 years- so basically they really wanted me to pay the ticket and be done.

Wasn't happening.

I moved from Texas to Maryland in 2009- and I stopped by and gave the court my updated Maryland address.

TODAY I get an invoice in the mail (auto fwded by USPS from my MD address) saying I have to pay the ticket or enter a not guilty plea and they will assign a court date and I must show up to court in Fort Worth.

I have ten days to respond, and guess what I am going to do?
    Yes- I am going to waste my time and enter a not guilty plea and request my court date- Here's the thing, my "bond" is set at $302.00 so I will essentially have to pay the entire price of the ticket in order to fight the ticket.

I'm going to do so and see exactly how long this takes to play out. We are closing in on 5 years already.
    Guns International

Shooter McGavin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2012
    Free Texas
    Look up James Mallory, he used to be on Berry St. right down from TCU. He's great at getting rid of tickets and last time I used him I think it was around $35 for his service then I paid a $90 probation fee which kept the ticket of my record. This was probably like 8 - 10 yrs. ago but I've heard he's still in business.

kusai

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Bedford TX
    Somthing similar happend to me, except the lady at the court in downtown ft worth never told me I was charged twice (lapsed insurance + no seat belt) I paid one and after 2 years received an arrest warrant and had to pay same day. They definitely like to play around.

Top Bottom