• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CavCop

CAVCOP on Rumble
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2016
    Central TX
    Did this video going over the Auto Ord 1927A-1 Commando I have. An old heavy but sturdy design. A great Military SMG and pistol caliber carbine. Designed in 1918 and pairs well with a 1911. Drums tend to be more hassle than fun so far. Need to make a video on the amazing history of it one day, and get some shooting in.

Gun Zone Deals

CavCop

CAVCOP on Rumble
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2016
    Central TX
    Very different from the WW2 Thompsons.
    Closed bolt vs open. 16.5” barrel vs 14.5”. How much different is the current Auto Ordnance 1927A1 from the WWII ones?

There were different versions. Some WWII ones were cheaply made and had side charging handles and could not take drum magazines, no cooling fins, or cuts compensators.

Oddly before the Military adopted them, citizens and Government employees had them.

davidindallas

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2014
    Closed bolt vs open. 16.5” barrel vs 14.5”. How much different is the current Auto Ordnance 1927A1 from the WWII ones?

There were different versions. Some WWII ones were cheaply made and had side charging handles and could not take drum magazines, no cooling fins, or cuts compensators.

Oddly before the Military adopted them, citizens and Government employees had them.
    The WW2 Thompsons I'm familiar with have one large recoil spring vs the duals like in the video.
    Yes open bolt guns different fining mechanisms as well.
    Bolt looks completely different design.

CavCop

CAVCOP on Rumble
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2016
    Central TX
    The WW2 Thompsons I'm familiar with have one large recoil spring vs the duals like in the video.
    Yes open bolt guns different fining mechanisms as well.
    Bolt looks completely different design.
    I believe they changed the recoil guid and spring for reliability and the bolt assembly not twisting and binding with a single spring.

Auto Ord did try to keep most of it like the original design but changed some things for semi auto, they also changed the charging knob from a rounded ball that slipped, to a cylinder that is easier to grab.

Most semi auto’s based on open bolt guns have to be altered to be sold in America due to regulations. Uzis, Mac10’s, HK’s, FN all have different parts on the inside so one cannot easily convert them for full auto.

Top Bottom