Venture Surplus ad

Those of You That Use 3rd Party Payment, Read This.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Well that is fucked up, lol.

I get taxed for helping my kids pay their bills....
    Yeah, a lot of people are surprised when they find out they are supposed to pay tax for paying for their kid's wedding or gifting the down-payment for their first house.

Average folks don't run into the gift tax issue too often, but if you're paying a significant amount of your kids bills it can quickly add up to over $15k.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    We already get nasty grams from the bank if we move around money too much in the 7 accounts we have.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States

Short version
    No longer will over $20,000 and 200 transactions get you a 1099k.

It's now total transactions over $600 combined and any transaction number.

Yes and I'm still only accepting DOGEcoin as payment. Keep mocking me folks. It's coming the Fed and the US Federal government wnat to know EVERY payment you make and they're pushing for a paperless cash society. So you better move to crypto.

WarBaby

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    DFW, TX
    Yes and I'm still only accepting DOGEcoin as payment. Keep mocking me folks. It's coming the Fed and the US Federal government wnat to know EVERY payment you make and they're pushing for a paperless cash society. So you better move to crypto.
    Crypto is fine for now. In a worst-case SHTF scenario, internet gets locked down, ie. PRC, North Korea, or we suffer an EMP event - you will not be able to access or transfer your assets. I have always been an advocate for tangible assets, but do not keep all your eggs in one basket, diversify.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I do not mock you. But I will not take that risk, as I judge it to be high.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Of course digital currency is coming. Has been for years. Guys like me resist. Digital currency, aka the ultimate spyware, is the icing on the cake for the nwo.

TheDan

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I'm still only accepting DOGEcoin as payment.
    Cryptos are already being tracked. For 2021 there will be a section on tax returns specifically for crypto and the advice is not to lie. Being completely dark with it is possible, but severely limits what you can use it for.

There is an upside in that they don't really know why you might have received crypto, and only have to pay capital gains tax on it. At least capital gains is less than paying the combined self employment tax + income tax.

Last edited:

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Crypto is fine for now. In a worst-case SHTF scenario, internet gets locked down, ie. PRC, North Korea, or we suffer an EMP event - you will not be able to access or transfer your assets. I have always been an advocate for tangible assets, but do not keep all your eggs in one basket, diversify.

in the EMP SHTF scenario I stocked up on the only currencies that matter, water and ammunition :-)

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Cryptos are already being tracked. In 2021 there will be a section on tax returns specifically for crypto and the advice is not to lie. Being completely dark with it is possible, but severely limits what you can use it for.

There is an upside in that they don't really know why you might have received crypto, and only have to pay capital gains tax on it. At least capital gains is less than paying the combined self employment tax + income tax.

If you only pay and accept payments to your own wallets how is the government going to track it to you? They have no idea who the wallet is associated with.

TheDan

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    If you only pay and accept payments to your own wallets how is the government going to track it to you? They have no idea who the wallet is associated with.
    There's things you can't pay with crypto. Property taxes come to mind. US based exchanges have to report the same info as any other bank, so they'll at least know the hot wallet on the exchange and the personal wallet you use to transfer to the exchange. They can probably trace back to all your other wallets, too.

Supposedly they are only tracking people moving around ~$400k or more you'll probably be fine to only report the wallets you use to interact with the exchange.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas

I have already seen a Lizzie Fletcher TV commercial asking for your help to stop it. She is a democrat, I do not believe her.

I looked for a duplicate thread, sorry if it is already covered.

Top Bottom