• ...and so much more!
  • easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I've been intrigued with the .22-250 round and really like the results from the Weatherby. If I do end up buying, it will probably be in a couple months. I hope to shoot one within that time, hopefully a Weatherby, to get a better feel for it. I know it is supposed to have more recoil then other calibers of that size, but I like the flatter flight of the longer ranges.

Anyway, I would appreciate any feedback pro or con.
    Hurley's Gold

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    I shoot one and recoil is not much more than a 223. Mine is a Savage Predator with the accu trigger and I love it. I also have a Weatherby vanguard in 308 if your close by to Conroe You can shoot them both if you’d like.

lbbf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2017
    Lake Jackson
    I have a Rem 700 that shoots lights out. Nice round without much recoil. Kind of an in between round to me. A little small for deer and a little stout and expensive for varmints. I like 223 more for a cheap round and 270 for deer. JMHO

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Thank you.
    I'm not a deer hunter and probably the biggest animal I would shoot with it is a coyote. Mainly it will be targets, but a lot I've read and watched looked to be a very flat shooting round from shooting say 200-300 yards. Basically a lot like the .17WSM I have in the 100-200 yards, except more power.

I was thinking about a .270, but that would be even more expensive to shoot.

Lonesome Dove

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    223 is the cheapest the 22-250 is almost in the same ballpark as the big boys. Unless you load your own. If you want a larger caliber over 223 then go with the almighty 243. It is a great round for plinking, hunting yotes to Mule deer and even long range work. The new 6mm creedmoor is just the ticket same as a 243 but with a faster twist barrel for shooting both light and heavy bullets.

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thank you.
    I'm not a deer hunter and probably the biggest animal I would shoot with it is a coyote. Mainly it will be targets, but a lot I've read and watched looked to be a very flat shooting round from shooting say 200-300 yards. Basically a lot like the .17WSM I have in the 100-200 yards, except more power.

I was thinking about a .270, but that would be even more expensive to shoot.
    I bought one last year. Cabela's had screaming deal on T/C compass. Hated the rifle... loved the round. I would like to get another. Flat and devastating on yotes. Recoil wasn't noticeable.

This is the one I want. But I have other irons in the fire.
    https://www.savagearms.com/firearms/centerfire/model-110/110-predator

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Accuracy is what I want. I understand it's about 55-60 cents a round.
    I bought one last year. Cabela's had screaming deal on T/C compass. Hated the rifle... loved the round. I would like to get another. Flat and devastating on yotes. Recoil wasn't noticeable.

This is the one I want. But I have other irons in the fire.
    https://www.savagearms.com/firearms/centerfire/model-110/110-predator
    I was looking at that rifle at first, but then got sold on the Weatherby, especially the Weatherby Weatherguard. I also like the sub MOA (100 yards) guarantee.

Lonesome Dove

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Accuracy is what I want. I understand it's about 55-60 cents a round.

I was looking at that rifle at first, but then got sold on the Weatherby, especially the Weatherby Weatherguard. I also like the sub MOA (100 yards) guarantee.
    I understand.

May I add?

1) Savage is making "lights out" accurate rifles right now and that rifle has their heavy fluted barrel. It shoots!
    2) That rifle is modular. You can dial it in for your LOP and cheek height.

Just my .02 Easy. I know nothing about Weatherby and I have never shot one either sir.

Last edited:

Lonesome Dove

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    B835A039-3357-4106-B64C-0E9062AD98A9.jpeg
    Not from what I read and saw, but then like I said I haven't shot either.
    Savage 22-250 predator at 200 yards. The cluster and two shots below.

Top Bottom