• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dee

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Red River Way
    I've had a 22-250 of some form or another for 30yrs. It's a great little round soft recoiling. It's a touch hard on barrels and when reloading it is a pain because it stretches pretty bad.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

lbbf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2017
    Lake Jackson
    For plinking/target I love the 223. I take my bench rest AR out to 600y. For hunting at longer ranges I like my 6.5 Grendel. I'm an AR guy. I will say the 22/250 will do everything on the range that I would want it to. I don't think you could go wrong with either the Weatherby or Savage. I really want a 6.5 Creedmoor in a Tikka rifle. Best feeling bolt I've ever cycled.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I have AR's too and like them for what they are. When I was younger I loved the semi automatics, but as I get older I seem to have more appreciation for the bolt action. Not that I don't like the semi auto's, I'm certainly not selling mine.

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have AR's too and like them for what they are. When I was younger I loved the semi automatics, but as I get older I seem to have more appreciation for the bolt action. Not that I don't like the semi auto's, I'm certainly not selling mine.
    I must be a old soul. Bolt's are my favorite.

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    OK.. so I'm sure that thing can shoot with the best of them. Here's my .02 again.

1) Not modular.
    2) Doesn't have a threaded barrel. I don't know if you shoot suppressed or not.
    As of yet I don't have any, no. I like them very much, I just hate the thought of paying so much for a muffler and then paying $200 tax on top of something I paid tax on. But then again, I may.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    A couple of thoughts worth what you paid for them. If you're primarily interested in target shooting, I'd think about how much you might shoot it. A .22-250 is getting into barrel burner territory. If I had one, and planned on shooting it a lot, I'd also look at what it would take to replace the rifle's barrel. Replacing a Savage barrel is very easy. If you shoot it much, you'd better be ready to get into reloading too.

Top Bottom