Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    This look interesting:
    View attachment 158132
    Bergara B 14 HMR
    Although it's about $400 more then the Weatherby Vanguard, it's in the more doable range for me. I can't say I know much about Bergara, but a couple of articles go on to say they are known for their high quality barrels. Does anyone here have much experience with Bergara? And if so what's your take on them?

I recently bought the Bergara HMR in 22-250. I plan to use it on Utah prarie dogs this summer. I've been using my Mossberg MVP Varmint in 5.56/223 the past few years. It's been stellar but I've always wanted a 22-250. One thing to keep in mind is that the Bergara uses a 1:9 twist rate. Other manufacturors are typically 1:12 or 1:14.

The stock is easily adjustable. It includes 3 spacers and an adjustable cheek riser. If you don't need/want all that you can go to the regular B-14 models ($100-$200 less) that feature a traditional stock and internal magazine. The AI mags the Bergara uses are a little awkward because they are 308/6.5 length but have funtioned flawlessly with snap caps. The trigger is adjustable but i have left it alone.

I will be taking it out for it's Bergara recommended barrel break-in this weekend. I have a feeling it's going to be a great rifle.
    FWIW, I got mine from Buds for $920 (Price Match). Grabagun was $879.99 with grabaquote option but after tax and shipping it was $40 cheaper to go with Buds.

Bergara B-14 HMR in 22-250
    Warne Maxima Bases and Rings (Rem 700)
    Vortex Viper HS 4-16x44
    Harris Bipod

Last edited:

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    I recently bought the Bergara HMR in 22-250. I plan to use it on Utah prarie dogs this summer. I've been using my Mossberg MVP Varmint in 5.56/223 the past few years. It's been stellar but I've always wanted a 22-250. One thing to keep in mind is that the Bergara uses a 1:9 twist rate. Other manufacturors are typically 1:12 or 1:14.

The stock is easily adjustable. It includes 3 spacers and an adjustable cheek riser. If you don't need/want all that you can go to the regular B-14 models ($100-$200 less) that feature a traditional stock and internal magazine. The AI mags the Bergara uses are a little awkward because they are 308/6.5 length but have funtioned flawlessly with snap caps. The trigger is adjustable but i have left it alone.

I will be taking it out for it's Bergara recommended barrel break-in this weekend. I have a feeling it's going to be a great rifle.
    FWIW, I got mine from Buds for $920 (Price Match). Grabagun was $879.99 with grabaquote option but after tax and shipping it was $40 cheaper to go with Buds.

Bergara B-14 HMR in 22-250
    Warne Maxima Bases and Rings (Rem 700)
    Vortex Viper HS 4-16x44
    Harris Bipod

Range results. 100%
    hmrDIME.jpg

Attachments

• hmrDIME.jpg
      hmrDIME.jpg
      135.5 KB · Views: 227

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

texanite15

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2019
    Houston, Tx
    IMO. Best varmint gun you could get. Thing shoots flat and travels fast and can make a pretty nasty hole in just about anything. Target shooting? Will preform very well - used one to go long range prairie dog shooting and that thing will knock em down.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    IMO. Best varmint gun you could get. Thing shoots flat and travels fast and can make a pretty nasty hole in just about anything. Target shooting? Will preform very well - used one to go long range prairie dog shooting and that thing will knock em down.
    I'm not sure how much better the Bergara would have been, but I love the Weatherby that I did buy.

Top Bottom