• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    I was at the gun show today in Lewisville and saw some of these on the tables. I never really had any interest in them until now. Does anyone have any experience with these? Thanks
    Lynx Defense

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    I'd be willing to carry one. The only reason I don't have one at all is due to the fact that the field strip is ny onto impossible one handed.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    I figured for around 289, it would be worth a try. I just want to hear anyones experiences as far as reliability goes though first

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    They shoot nice, but if you limp-wrist it at all (like my wife did often), you'll wind up with many stove-pipes. It is a nice looking gun, and works well in the right hands. Unfortunately my wife's hands are not where it belongs. Tried many other guns, and the only one that she has an issue with is the Bersa. When I shot it though, it was a nice shooting gun.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    I don't own one. I never have. I have; however, been teaching CHL and LTC classes since 2003. I have seen many Bersa come through classes. There has been exactly one make it through class without a malfunction. ONE. Out of probably 25 or more. ONE

I got no skin in this, you buy whatever you want.

sdismukes

Bending nails and making sawdust
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2014
    Erath County
    I frequently CC mine. Have never had any failure i can recall. Usually my EDC is in a holster clipped to one pair of jeans or another. Just easier to leave them clipped on. So I carry the Bersa when I wear that pair (so yeah I wear a pair more'n just a couple hours at a time before they hit the laundry - I'm in and out of whatever I need for the moment). Anyway, I like the Condition One I can carry it in. There is no manual safety, so it does sit at half-cock in the holster for me. First pull is heavier, after that SA feels nice and crisp. Or pull the hammer back and it's SA all the time. There is a decocker/safety, but i never leave it decocked. Trigger is very good, and it has enough heft to make recoil a non-issue. I would buy another in a heartbeat if I lost this one.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    I frequently CC mine. Have never had any failure i can recall. Usually my EDC is in a holster clipped to one pair of jeans or another. Just easier to leave them clipped on. So I carry the Bersa when I wear that pair (so yeah I wear a pair more'n just a couple hours at a time before they hit the laundry - I'm in and out of whatever I need for the moment). Anyway, I like the Condition One I can carry it in. There is no manual safety, so it does sit at half-cock in the holster for me. First pull is heavier, after that SA feels nice and crisp. Or pull the hammer back and it's SA all the time. There is a decocker/safety, but i never leave it decocked. Trigger is very good, and it has enough heft to make recoil a non-issue. I would buy another in a heartbeat if I lost this one.

You carry it with the hammer back? No safety and hammer back?

sdismukes

Bending nails and making sawdust
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2014
    Erath County
    You carry it with the hammer back? No safety and hammer back?

Half cocked. Never so senseless as to carry cocked and unlocked. Not that I have all the good sense I should, but not THAT deranged! Couple sentences north of that I refer to it sitting in the holster at half-cock.

To be clear, the decocker lever is either up as off, or down as decocked. In up position the gun will take a half cock and fire in DA followed by SA. If I carried it decocked I'd have that awkward step to raise the lever to reactivate the trigger and hammer just when I need no interruptions!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    We had one years ago. My wife couldn't hit anything with it but could shoot my Glocks fairly well so we got rid of it.

They get beat up a lot on the internet, with many people sharing TXI's sentiment. We put a couple hundred rounds through ours with no problems but that really doesn't mean a lot.

I lump them in with Taurus firearms. Some people say they are fine, some hate them. I won't buy either but that is just my opinion.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    We have had one as a rental for years (Thunder 380)...rented frequently. The only problems encountered were the slide stop wore out from folks constantly using it as a slide release and the recoil spring eventually weakened. Sent it back and they replaced both. Still going strong.

Maybe we just got the "good one"...lol...

sylvirfoxx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2017
    Texas
    In my experience, they're nice. Fit my hand beautifully, and I can hit what I'm aiming at. Good looking, too. Fit is a big deal to me - I get muscle cramps pretty easily if the gun doesn't fit me quite right.

Had some issues with the ammo I was shooting and/or the extra magazine (I was getting the odd stovepipe). Switched to a hotter load (Fiocchi) and quit using the bad magazine, and poof! no more problems.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I've had one for a decade, and have been happy with it. I've not shot it a lot, but it's been fine when I have. My wife like to shoot it.

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    I was considering one when I was looking for a non micro .380. I bought a cz83 instead and couldn't be happier.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom