• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Antares

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2015
    Seabrook, TX
    I owned one the only thing I didn't like was that Pro Mags and Mec Gar was not reliable in the thunder. I also found if you put more than 50 rounds through it without cleaning it would give you trouble and it was not the easiest gun to clean. I would try another gun in all honesty. I traded all my Rugers and Thunder for a Sig P938.
    Gun Zone Deals

Antares

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2015
    Seabrook, TX
    I just traded one for a Sig p938, I did not like the Thunder that much first I found it hard to clean, buying extra mags was a pain I found Pro Mags to be junk in this gun and even Mec Gar didn't work consistently which I found odd. If you shot over 30 rounds in a session without cleaning I found it not reliable I had stovepipes, and failures to eject. It might have been a lemon but the problem went away after cleaning..

sylvirfoxx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2017
    Texas
    I had no problem with cleaning the one I shot. I found take-down to be pretty easy. I do know what you mean about the mags, though. One of the mags with the gun was a 7 rounder that was supposed to be 8 rounds. Stovepiping went away with a change of ammo and using the good mag instead.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    Anares I had a simliar problem but it was with non factory mags... I was testing it out I had 4 magazines... 1 factory and 3 others... the 3 others were not reliable... They were not bersa mags either.. I forgot what they were unfortunately. The Factory magazine was 100% reliable

9uc

Bible/Gun carrying Christian Conservative
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2015
    Humble, TX
    Sorry, I'm a little late to the party. Love 'em! I've got two of them, one I bought new back in '07 and a second that I bought several years later that by serial number is slightly older than the first one and looked like it had seldom been fired as it had no rub marks on the slide rails or the feed ramp. I've carried the first Bersa as my EDC for 7 of the 10 years I've been carrying. Admittedly, due to peer pressure, I up calibered to a 9mm for three years, but realized with the onset of problems from having damage from Carpal Tunnel and the start of arthritis , I realized I was far more comfortable with the BT380 than my 9. After 3 years of the 9mm, I returned to my first love with the 9rd DLX mag, I has a longer grip than most compact nines. I did readjust my attitudes on firing and distance to target when I dropped back. At age 71, I'm going to play the shoot, run and drop and roll routine, but gonna' wait till I have a good shot. As an added note, most problems that occur with BT380s is failure to clean properly when new and after firing during breakin, using flat nose and/or JHPs prior to having about 300 rounds down the tube and using other than OEM mags like the ProMags. The rule of thumb when I first started was American made, brass cased, round nose, name brand name ammo for breakin. Thought it cost a little more, to this day I stick to that for target, and with the exception of the round nose, pretty well stick to that on SD rounds (Cor-bon DPX).

sylvirfoxx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2017
    Texas
    Sorry, I'm a little late to the party. Love 'em! I've got two of them, one I bought new back in '07 and a second that I bought several years later that by serial number is slightly older than the first one and looked like it had seldom been fired as it had no rub marks on the slide rails or the feed ramp. I've carried the first Bersa as my EDC for 7 of the 10 years I've been carrying. Admittedly, due to peer pressure, I up calibered to a 9mm for three years, but realized with the onset of problems from having damage from Carpal Tunnel and the start of arthritis , I realized I was far more comfortable with the BT380 than my 9. After 3 years of the 9mm, I returned to my first love with the 9rd DLX mag, I has a longer grip than most compact nines. I did readjust my attitudes on firing and distance to target when I dropped back. At age 71, I'm going to play the shoot, run and drop and roll routine, but gonna' wait till I have a good shot. As an added note, most problems that occur with BT380s is failure to clean properly when new and after firing during breakin, using flat nose and/or JHPs prior to having about 300 rounds down the tube and using other than OEM mags like the ProMags. The rule of thumb when I first started was American made, brass cased, round nose, name brand name ammo for breakin. Thought it cost a little more, to this day I stick to that for target, and with the exception of the round nose, pretty well stick to that on SD rounds (Cor-bon DPX).
    I've had a pretty good experience with Fiocchi in them. I need to start writing down the ammo that works and doesn't work in various guns so I remember.

9uc

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2015
    Humble, TX
    IIRC Fiocchi also now made or partially made in America. The article I read is a little confusing on Fiocchi American. I've been using a lot of Armcor American in both my 380s and 9mms.

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    I was considering one when I was looking for a non micro .380. I bought a cz83 instead and couldn't be happier.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
    I MUCH prefer the Beretta 84s and/or 85s to the BeThunder. In fact, though it's only a .32ACP, I even like my Beretta 81s as well. I'll never own a Bersa. Just my preference.

9uc

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2015
    Humble, TX
    https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/16298 $271
    https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/13396 $698
    https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/25066 $698

The "cash" price is roughly $427 more for the Beretta. As I have never handled or fired Beretta and only fired a Walther PPSomething and the Bersas, it's not possible for me to be totally objective, but for the quality and price of the Bersas, for another $115 I could buy three Bersas.

9uc

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2015
    Humble, TX
    Granted, due to supply and demand 380s are going to cost more than 9mm, but I've never paid more than a couple of bucks per box for the 380s vs the 9s. I keep a fair size stock of 380s so I watch for sales on good quality American made rounds.

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    I had a Bursa 380 Thunder that I bought from a buddy. Not that I really wanted it, but was curious enough to try it. I did not like the trigger pull. Way too heavy, gritty and nasty.

Sold it to someone else.

Found a Colt .380 Government. Much better.

Surplus Guy

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 21, 2017
    Hood County
    You can buy Walther PPS M2 on GunBroker for $370. With a $100 Walther rebate you are only out $270. Shot one at the range the other day and liked it.

Top Bottom