• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I gave up on S&W a long time ago. Not sure who owned them at the time, but when the 629 series came out I bought one. It was recalled, as was many of their guns back then.

GM.Chief

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    Why you looking at that Ray? Thought you just couldn't get into the whole black gun thing and my b-day isn't for a few months? LOL

gladi8r

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Troy Tx
    I know when they first came out they had alot of issues now the newer ones all have cut feed ramps and properly staked gas key bolts. I looked at one the other day for a buddy and seen alot of improvment in fit and finish. You can get a rock river which is a good ar for the same price if not cheaper at academys. Also you could get Lmts if you find one for 1100 to 1300. I guess it depends on what your looking for, mags and ammo for the ar platform have gone down along with parts. Magpul now makes a buis system for less than 100 bucks for front and back I have the rear and think it is great i put it on my LR 308.

okie556

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    I currently have a M&P15 flat top and absolutely love it. It has gone from stock to tricked out with quad-rails, scope, laser etc, etc. Had 2 Bushmasters and decided to sell but kept the S & W. The M&P seems a little looser fit between the upper and lower but time and time again I have taken it down for cleaning and when I go back to the range the thing still shoots perfect without having to re-zero. Bought one of those little rubber wedges.......pain in the butt.....threw it away. Knock on wood I have never had any type of failure to do anything. Shoots cheap ammo just as well as high dollar stuff.....not as accurate.....but no problems with cycling. Maybe I just lucked out but I would not hesitate to get another one if the price was right.

okie556

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX

Attachments

• some of my black guns 009.jpg
      some of my black guns 009.jpg
      78.7 KB · Views: 167
    • some of my black guns 011.jpg
      some of my black guns 011.jpg
      73.2 KB · Views: 162

phatcyclist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I have a pretty standard M&P15 M4gery. I've put a MIAD grip, cheap quad rail setup and the Trijicon night sights on it. It works well and it's never had an issue. I bought it when they were fairly new to the market but it has the feed-ramp cuts and the gas key is properly staked.

lonewolf23c

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2008
    Idaho
    I just picked one up off of gunbroker a few weeks ago. Took it out this past holiday weekend with a friend, and well lets just say that the 200 rounds I had are gone, my friend decided to see how fast he could pull the trigger on it, and well 200 rounds later and not a single problem with it, not even a feeding issue out of cheap magazines. I love it

IMG_0799.gif

IMG_0801.gif

Now its time to get some accessories for it.

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    After reading BC's thread and seeing one on sale for $1099, I thought I'd ask. I had thought about buying some cheap AK-47's for the land down south. But still can't say I overly like blackies.

As for the 629, I remember Mo saying it sucked. How long ago did you have it? I recently bought one.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    After reading BC's thread and seeing one on sale for $1099, I thought I'd ask. I had thought about buying some cheap AK-47's for the land down south. But still can't say I overly like blackies.

As for the 629, I remember Mo saying it sucked. How long ago did you have it? I recently bought one.

I believe that is what I paid at GM.

ethan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    Fort Worth (Currently in Iraq)
    i've shot them, good entry level rifle, with room to expand on it, my buddy owns one with the stock (i think) daniel defense rails, well, he got his at CTD over a tax free weekend, about 2 years ago, he paid 1200 from what i remember, damn thing came with Eotech 512, couple PMAGs, thats when they were the newest thing, tango vertical foregrip, case, all that stuff, pretty nice all around rifle, we've run a goodly amount of ammo through it with no problems, normal cleaning, maintinence, etc, never had an issue, i would have to say its good to go.

personally, the VTAC M/P is the best i've seen, it's my favorite MP out there

PopsXD9sc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Longview
    Lots of S&W MP15's on Gun Broker right now for less than $800 (starting at $749 buy now price); looks like none have iron sights. Less $$ than RRA or Stag. Tempting.

TalonRob

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    Houston, TX
    I had one and sold it and I seriously regret it now.

Here are some facts to base a decision on:
    #1 All S&W M&P rifles are now built in house by S&W (early ones were built by Stag Arms). That means you are getting a barrel made by Thompson Center and solid quality control.

#2 Lifetime Warranty from a company that will acctually honor it. I can't tell you how many "top tier" manufacturers that have told my clients they won't fix a defrective gun without a fight.

#3 Reliability. Their guns just flat out run. But, God forbid you have issues they will fix it. I ran mine through two days at CSAT with nothing more than a wipe down of the BCG and a fresh coat of oil between day one and day two and I did not have a single problem. More important than my results, Pat Rogers put three guns through thousands of rounds in his school and had less problems with the M&P than he did with other "top tier" brands.

Bottom line. You can spend more or less money on an AR15, but you will not find better service to back up your rifle no matter what brand you buy. Also, don't underestimate the importance of a good dealer. We buy hundreds of guns from a manufacturer so we have a lot more pull when it comes time to help you with your problem. But a lot of dealers don't want to take the time to help you. A good dealer can also help you buy the right rifle upfront. I make a ton of sales from helping people who bought the wrong thing somewhere else first!

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom