• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Keevd

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2014
    im sure this has been asked numerous times, but nothing like live help. so what are your thoughts on them? i hear lots of good and lots of bad(as with anything). but i found some in what looks to be really good condition with 3 12rd mags for $475 to my dealer. is this a good deal? everywhere else is selling them for 499 w/1 mag.

kabob

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Dallas
    Yeah, that's a great deal. Buy it and shoot it. If you don't like it, sell it for a profit.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    The gun is one of the greats. However you have to decide if the trigger is right for you. The DAK trigger is a love/hate type situation. Personally I have several P226's and I have not not bought a DAK equipped model because they do not suit my needs.

Keevd

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2014
    i hear its alot like a revolver. but am unsure by what some mean when they say "shoot it till reset". is that shooting a shot and not releasing the trigger all the way foward?

kabob

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Dallas
    Yes. DAK works by having an intermediate reset after firing the first shot. So if you don't release the trigger and let it out you feel a reset after a shorter travel and follow up shots will have less trigger pull and distance. Same concept as the H&K LEM trigger only not as well executed.

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    I had a 226 DAO that had a terrible trigger, very long and heavy. My S&W 28-2 has a smoother trigger. I have never shot a DAK version so I can't tell you if it's worth trying. Just buy it and try it to see if you like it.

kabob

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Dallas
    The standard DAO doesn't even compare, ugh. I had a P229 with it and promptly converted it to DA/SA after a single range session.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    That is a great price on a really good pistol. DAK is not my thing, but it is a love/hate thing with that system. Although, for about $75 you can convert to DA/SA, and maybe sell the DAK parts to recoup some of that.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Me personally, I am not at all a fan of the DAK. Too long of a trigger stroke just plain sucks for shooting fast. The standard DA/SA with the SRT trigger is ideal when it comes to SIGs. $475 is not bad, however, and I believe if you look around a bit you could always find the components to convert it to DA/SA for maybe $100 or less.

Top Bottom