• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    I keep seeing mention of law enforcement as to violating a law and winding up in trouble. I thought discussion here was for SHTF situation. If so law enforcement doesn't count. Let the buzzards clean up the mess, as far away from the house as possible.

If we're talking about just general target hardening it's a different deal. Guineas and game cameras would be good so you could be pre-warned to intruders and have proof. Unfortunately you will have to let them get close to determine their intent so long range shooting isn't needed, just multiple weapons leaded and ready (changing rifles is faster then reloading unless you have practiced a lot).

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    just multiple weapons leaded and ready (changing rifles is faster then reloading unless you have practiced a lot).

I figure if I have expended a 25 round mag of .308, it is unlikely I will have to reach for a second mag. And mag changes don't take that long.

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    If you do decide to go AR... I recommend a hard look at this company.
    https://pof-usa.com/firearms/renegade/

I held one last night. Great feeling little rifle. Its light and moves easy. Throw ya a 1-4 on it. G2G. I almost lost my damn mind and bought it... but got the wife a g43 instead.

Not to disparage that company, but these rifles are pretty easy to build yourself. I built four basic rifles for about the cost of one of those. They all shoot perfectly fine. Watch YT and read up and build one yourself. It only takes a few relatively low cost tools.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    If you do decide to go AR... I recommend a hard look at this company.
    https://pof-usa.com/firearms/renegade/

I held one last night. Great feeling little rifle. Its light and moves easy. Throw ya a 1-4 on it. G2G. I almost lost my damn mind and bought it... but got the wife a g43 instead.
    Hope you didn't pay anywhere near the price of that rifle for the G43.

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Not to disparage that company, but these rifles are pretty easy to build yourself. I built four basic rifles for about the cost of one of those. They all shoot perfectly fine. Watch YT and read up and build one yourself. It only takes a few relatively low cost tools.
    Yeah that's on my to-do list. We fear what we don't understand. I just need to dive off in it...

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    I had user experience from my tour in the Army, but no build experience. I watched and read and bought a few tools and built some myself. Choosing what I wanted/needed. Here is one of mine.

ZclMfEk.jpg

ed308

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    DFW
    If you want something with a bit more range and power in an AR 15 platform, something like the .224 Valkyrie might be worth looking at. The rifle and ammo will be quite a bit more expensive and harder to find though. Same for the 6.5/6mm Creedmoor

I wouldn't buy a .224 Valkyrie barrel at this time. Most are reamed with a PTG reamer which makes the freebore longer than the SAAMI spec. PTG screwed this up (again) and most barrels sold currently were reamed with their reamer. Best to wait until the reamer screw-up gets corrected, especially if you want to shoot factory ammo. If reamed with a Manson reamer, the barrel should have the correct SAAMI freebore.

LEP

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 7, 2015
    El Paso
    I went with a AR-47 along with my SKSs and AKs, plus the wife has no problem using any of them. Personally=AR 10.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    I recently did some research into AR's that are what I call mass produced vs the very small boutique companies. IMO LMT makes the best AR out there, money not being a consideration. This is not to say that lower priced always mean junk, in fact it often means nothing but just the basics. Specifically the LMT Piston Monolithic Rail system, not cheap but they are top notch weapons.

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    LMT may be excellent weapons but I think I might just build 2 good, way, way less expensive weapons to have around. $1800 to $3000 per weapon is way more than I would want to invest for a single weapon for a maybe event in a home defense scenario. All I would want is a reliable basic weapon. I wouldn't have any need for those super duper fancy ones. What do they really get you over a good reliable way less expensive generic rifle, other than bragging rights?

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Buster1979
    Top Bottom