Gun Zone Deals

Thoughts on Smith & Wesson 686 Plus Pro Series.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I've been wanting to get myself another .357 revolver. The last one I had, and yes I kick myself, was a Colt Python, and that was many years ago when I thought they would be around forever. Anyway, I've been looking around and the S&W 686 Plus Pro Series has really peaked my interest.

I tried to find a thread that talked about it, but either my proficiency at finding anything is lacking or there hasn't been much mentioned. If you own one or shot one before I would certainly like your input. Although I have shot the 686 before, I haven't seen anywhere I can try out the S&W 686 Pro Series.
    Military Camp

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    I've been wanting to get myself another .357 revolver. The last one I had, and yes I kick myself, was a Colt Python,.........
    You aren't alone. Most of us have done something similar. My "kick myself" gun was a super clean S&W P&R 19-3 with target hammer, trigger and grips.
    Wish I still had it.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    A good buddy at work just got one. He loves it. Claims it's more accurate than any of his other revolvers.

I've fondled it some, but haven't had the chance to shoot it yet. Timing and all was great on it. Trigger was decent out of the box, but I'm sure it will get better after some use. It looked kinda different with the non-fluted cylinder, and the seventh hole.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    A good buddy at work just got one. He loves it. Claims it's more accurate than any of his other revolvers.

I've fondled it some, but haven't had the chance to shoot it yet. Timing and all was great on it. Trigger was decent out of the box, but I'm sure it will get better after some use. It looked kinda different with the non-fluted cylinder, and the seventh hole.
    Yeah, I've read reviews and watched a few youtube videos on them, and almost all a very favorable. At first I didn't like the looks of it, but it seems to have grown on me. I certainly like the moon clip idea over the speed loader. The price isn't that much over the regular 686 to make it seem unreasonable either.
    I guess I'm kinda on the fence and was hoping to hear from someone here that has shot it, rather then just what I can find on the internet.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Well, I got to hold one and I certainly like the action and feel of it. Too bad that place wanted about $200 above the S&W MSRP. I talked with a local FFL and pretty much talked myself into ordering it and will probably being doing that this weekend after I get paid. With the moonclips, this will be my first clip gun. LOL!

Top Bottom