• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kittyhawk

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    NE Houston
    Hi everyone, while I’m home on quarantine I’ve been looking at shotguns and very interested in Stoger M3000 shotguns. Every video I see everyone raves on them and say how it’s a less expensive alternative to a benelli.
    mid you’ve got one or shot one I’d love to hear your opinion on it.
    Texas SOT

LeadChucker

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2019
    Dallas TX
    No experience with the M3000 but I do own a Stoeger M3K-3 Gun that I'm very happy with.
    I did follow the advice of breaking in the gun with buckshot before moving to lighter loads.
    It now shoots everything from slugs to bird-shot without any problems

popo22

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    I have owned one for a little over 2 years (I think). It has functioned reliably. It is an "inertia" semi-auto and has a little more recoil than my Beretta 1301 but not bad. My only issue has been the loose patterning at distances (using 00 buck) beyond 20 yards, but that is more a result of the ammo used I think. I believe if good quality 00 (like Fed Flight control shells) was used it would make a huge difference, but within the distances inside a residence it would do fine (assuming that is your intended purpose).

sreyemj

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2020
    San Antonio
    Define "loose patterning" for me please. I'm not sure I know what that means. I've had several Stogers and had great luck with them.
    Just means the buckshot is spreading less consistently than it should. Different type of shells will probably fix that.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    You can find Beretta A300s under $5-600 online quite often. I bought my synthetic for $499 off of gunbroker. I went this route over a stoeger and I am happier for it.

If you are hell bent on inertia, take a look at franchi before you buy anything.

Edit: To answer the OP, I have owned one Benelli in the past and I have shot a few stoegers. They weren't bad but they sure as hell weren't a Benelli. Just my 2 cents

popo22

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Charlie,

"Just means the buckshot is spreading less consistently than it should. Different type of shells will probably fix that."
    ^^^ exactly.

Top Bottom