• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Still some great deals on the PT111 Millenium G2 out there. Just be patient, you may have to pay a tad more than you would've gotten this one for; but it's still a great pistol for the price!
    Gun Zone Deals

nitecrawler30

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2016
    Denton County
    Purchased a Taurus PT111 G2 in June 2016 and have put over 600 rounds through it with no problems. For the price, its a great gun to have. Got for $230 + tax.

Ozzman

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 17, 2015
    El Paso, Texas
    I had the PT111 Millennium Pro back in 2008. I had many issues with the pistol ranging from light primer strikes, slide coming off the rails, and failures to extract. I did everything I could to get it to run with descent ammo. After sending it in to Taurus, darn thing came back as if nothing was even looked at. Still had the same issues. I sold it at a local gun show for $100. Passed the issues on to someone else.

Not sure if Taurus has ironed out their issues, but that particular PT111 has ruined my opinion of that line of pistols.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I have a motto....

Friends don't let friends buy a Taurus...

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    I had the PT111 Millennium Pro back in 2008. I had many issues with the pistol ranging from light primer strikes, slide coming off the rails, and failures to extract. I did everything I could to get it to run with descent ammo. After sending it in to Taurus, darn thing came back as if nothing was even looked at. Still had the same issues. I sold it at a local gun show for $100. Passed the issues on to someone else.

Not sure if Taurus has ironed out their issues, but that particular PT111 has ruined my opinion of that line of pistols.
    That model had loads of issues, recalls, etc. The G2 is night and day as far as fit, finish, and reliability.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    That model had loads of issues, recalls, etc. The G2 is night and day as far as fit, finish, and reliability.

My MilPro runs like a champ, and Taurus has had one voluntary recall for it (as well as a bunch of other models) because of one incident where a pistol fired after being dropped...

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    My MilPro runs like a champ, and Taurus has had one voluntary recall for it (as well as a bunch of other models) because of one incident where a pistol fired after being dropped...
    I'm sure it does, but there were issues with that model and they lost a huge settlement because of it. I've personally seen two different guns fire with the safety engaged, so it was more than the drop fire issue, which I never experienced. Both were on recall list. One was sent in and fixed, the other the owner decided it wasn't worth the effort and still carries it to this day.

Taurus makes a good gun and anyone that says different is just rehashing the interwebs.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I'm sure it does, but there were issues with that model and they lost a huge settlement because of it. I've personally seen two different guns fire with the safety engaged, so it was more than the drop fire issue, which I never experienced. Both were on recall list. One was sent in and fixed, the other the owner decided it wasn't worth the effort and still carries it to this day.

Taurus makes a good gun and anyone that says different is just rehashing the interwebs.

They didn't "lose" a settlement, they agreed to one. Secondly, it was several different models that were affected by it, not just the PT111 (the case involved a PT140). Thirdly, even with the safety on, there's no reason to be pulling the trigger on any weapon! I will once again refer to my favorite meme on the subject...

SQiVv7.gif

Lastly, this was the one and only issue with the PT111. If you know of others, I'm listening.

All said, I don't disagree with your final statement. I have several Taurus pistols and most are excellent handguns (the 1980s era .38 revolver I inherited from my Father is a bit of a dog, but it has too much sentimental value for me to even care about that!). In fact, I think the short reset and restrike triggers on my Taurus pistols are better than my carry weapon.

I only consider sending in my PT111 MilPro to get a brand new Gen 2 version out of the deal, otherwise I would have no qualms whatsoever about carrying it (I only don't because I have other handguns that I prefer).

Cheers! M2

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    They didn't "lose" a settlement, they agreed to one. Secondly, it was several different models that were affected by it, not just the PT111 (the case involved a PT140). Thirdly, even with the safety on, there's no reason to be pulling the trigger on any weapon! I will once again refer to my favorite meme on the subject...

SQiVv7.gif

Lastly, this was the one and only issue with the PT111. If you know of others, I'm listening.

All said, I don't disagree with your final statement. I have several Taurus pistols and most are excellent handguns (the 1980s era .38 revolver I inherited from my Father is a bit of a dog, but it has too much sentimental value for me to even care about that!). In fact, I think the short reset and restrike triggers on my Taurus pistols are better than my carry weapon.

I only consider sending in my PT111 MilPro to get a brand new Gen 2 version out of the deal, otherwise I would have no qualms whatsoever about carrying it (I only don't because I have other handguns that I prefer).

Cheers! M2

Settling is losing, at least to me, especially when it's to pay something like $40 million. It was actually 6 or 7 models that had the issue IIRC.

Safety not operating correctly and drop firing are two separate issues, again at least to me. They had some trigger spring issues, albeit not nearly an issue as the interwebs claims. I love Taurus G2s, probably the most underrated pistols currently on the market, but the MilPro had a rough time on the market, there's no denying it, but it was mostly bad publicity, rather than real issues IMO. I'm almost glad they did because we wouldn't have the G2 at such quality and cost.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Taurus did admit to not drop testing the firearms before releasing them, but the acknowledged this mistake and voluntarily implemented the recall.

I still love mine, but think a G2 would be nicer especially in a one-for-one trade! :D

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    Taurus did admit to not drop testing the firearms before releasing them, but the acknowledged this mistake and voluntarily implemented the recall.

I still love mine, but think a G2 would be nicer especially in a one-for-one trade! :D
    Absolutely. My business partner took one from stock, his son bought one, my girlfriend bought one, the list goes on, the G2 is a great firearm for $250 or less.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Apparently they recently sent out a batch of G2s that had bad triggers. They broke when pulled.

Shot placement is everything.

seven

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2012
    north tx
    I bought one for about 195 all in, all done, shipping and ffl. It has yet to malfunction. For that kind of money , I can't ask for more. I may bye another soon.

Last edited:

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....
    I just bought 2 of them for 209$ each. For the price you can't beat them. 1 for my work truck and 1 for hidding in the garage in case I come home to some possible trouble. Good low cost guns for added comfort factor...

pix032473937.jpg

Add- And if damaged or stolen you are not crying about the 500$ glock you just lost. lol

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I just bought 2 of them for 209$ each. For the price you can't beat them. 1 for my Hyundai Accent and 1 for hidding in the garage in case I come home to some possible trouble. Good low cost guns for added comfort factor...

pix032473937.jpg

Add- And if damaged or stolen you are not crying about the 500$ glock you just lost. lol

Pretty good price.

Top Bottom