• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • juwaba98

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    North Zulch, TX
    While I am sure they are good guns, as I have always loved Brownings, I have never warmed up to the BLR. It, to me, lacks the attributes that make a lever gun. Mainly being the magazine tube. It looks funny, again to me, without it and the thought of a lever gun with a dropout magazine throws me. On the other hand the variety of ammo available with the standard style magazine far surpasses your options with a mag tube. I think it is a "neat" idea which naturally means I don't like it personally (being a traditionalist), but it indeed is an intriguing concept. I may warm up to it one day but probably not soon. Just my

ducksps

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Austin, Houston
    A BLR is on my short list

I have been kicking the idea of getting a takedown BLR for some time. The #1 is also really nice but a different animal in my opinion. I don't think you can go wrong either way but I have a soft spot for those take down lever actions.

Kinda partial to the .243

phatcyclist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I'd love to have one in .308 (that's what I shoot) because I like levers but don't like only being able to shoot the softpoint or expensive Hornady ammunition. I also like Savage 99s, but they haven't made those in a long time.

Posit

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Just bought one two weeks ago - in 7mm-08. Since its so new, don't know much about it yet, but its a pretty thing and handles nicely.

Fired one box of factory rounds thru it, open sights, not spectacular results (2.5" MOA), but my eyesight is lousy and who knows if it likes the cartridges. Put a scope on it yesterday, and dies are due in tomorrow, so I can start load development. I'm gonna start with pointy bullets (just because I can), 140g - 160g.

High hopes and great expectations, results still to be determined.

txpete

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    ft hood
    over the years I have owned two blr's.270 and a 358 win.they are great lever action rifles.if you looking for a good hunting rifle this is it...if your looking for a target rifle get something else.
    that skiney barrel heats up quick and groups open up.the deal is again most shots hunting come from a cold barrel in the field and this where the blr shines.
    I am still kicking myself for letting the 358 win go to a bud for elk hunting but it was a bit of over kill for texas white tail ;).
    pete

boots2200

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Kempner Texas

I own several Browning rifles.The 358 Blr Alaskan bear gun ,was one of my favorite. T he first time i fired it using 200 grain bullets i tensed for it to ram against my shoulder,Big mistake the barrel came up leaving a perfect crescent moon cut between my eyes.boy did i feel like a newbie.that was one of the qualities that i liked about it.it didn't pound your shoulder like my 300 browning did.its a good brush gun out to about 150 yards before it starts dropping fast.i have killed many deer with it.as long as i heart shot and did not hit bone or shoulder it left a smaller exit hole than my 308.like txpete i wish that i would never got rid of it.let my son use it and he pestered me so much for it i gave it to him.he hunts every year with it.
    good on the shoulder,not good beyond 200 yards.

schertztx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2008
    I have never owned a BLR or shot one but i certainly can vouch for the Ruger #1. I own one in 25-06 and it is my absolute favorite rifle to shoot. From meat hunting by a feeder to coyotes at 400+ It hasn't let me down yet.

Top Bottom