Thoughts on the Mossberg 715t?

ag1052

Sep 9, 2013
Im in the market for a gun just to have fun with/plinking. Im leaning toward the Mossberg 715t. I know its not the best gun in the world but for the price it seems like a pretty good option. Im wanting to stay around $300 or so.

okie556

Well-Known
Feb 12, 2009
Longview, TX
Im in the market for a gun just to have fun with/plinking. Im leaning toward the Mossberg 715t. I know its not the best gun in the world but for the price it seems like a pretty good option. Im wanting to stay around $300 or so.
If you're wanting the AR look and don't mind a gun that's very picky on ammo, then the Mossberg is okay. As suggested there are better and more reliable plinkers out there.

GlockOwner

TGT Addict
Feb 15, 2013
Dallas (Oak Cliff)
I had the 715T at one point. Sold it to fund the 10/22 I have now. The 715T just felt cheap, didn't feed properly, the magazine sucks. The follower on the mag is not attached to the spring, so I had to super glue them together just to be able to feed more than 10 or 11 rounds into the 25 round mag. The mag issue is widely known, so it wasn't just an issue with mine. Get a 10/22.

TKG

Feb 12, 2009
San Antonio, Tx
I had one for about 3 days. Wasn't real impressed with it, the mags suck as mentioned and it just has an overall cheap feel to it. I sold it and ended up with an mp15-22 and it and is leaps and bounds better. Comparatively, the MP is worth way more than $200 bump in price.

CrazedJava

Well-Known
Sep 5, 2013
DFW
The 715 is just a 795 with "tactical" shell built around it.

I started out by purchasing a Ruger 10/22. Base model out of the box it is a great little shooter and not picky on ammo at all. Since the purchase I have gotten some BX-25 magazines and put an ATI Strikeforce stock on it. The stock gives you all the capabilities you'd want but with the added bonus of a folding stock that is also adjustable.

Top Bottom