thoughts on the taurus judge

country_boy

TGT Addict
Feb 7, 2009
Round Rock
Im strongly considering this revolver in the 3" magnum for a snake gun/farm sidearm. Any ideas on The Judge?? Im not worried about the brand, all of my handguns are taurus.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
Jan 21, 2009
San Antonio
Shotshells for snake, .45 Colt for bigger stuff. The buck and slugs are apparently pretty worthless. Not surprising, since the burn rate of the powder is too slow for a handgun.

I've been looking at the 2 1/2" version as a hiking gun because I like the idea of loading a round of birdshot for snakes and some .45 Colt hard cast for bigger creatures. My opinion, I wouldn't bother with the 3" version.

eriadoc

Nov 11, 2008
It's a ton of fun. You can easily find better weapons for any and every application you might think of, but the Judge is fun.

country_boy

TGT Addict
Feb 7, 2009
Round Rock
That is something to consider is snake shot in my 357 magnum, yes they do make holsters for the judge, even black hawk makes them.

navyguy

TGT Addict
Oct 22, 2008
DFW Keller
I used to carry my Ruger .357 snubby with shot shells for snakes when walking into some remote areas to fish creeks, and did shoot one snake. After I shot it, I figured out it was not poisonous and probably didn't need to be shoot. But I was walking along a skinny path though fairly thick woods, and in an instance, there it was hanging from a tree about four feet from my head and looked like it had bad intentions. About 7 foot long. It dropped with one head shoot at about 6 feet

jfrey

Apr 8, 2008
Coastal Texas
The "Judge" is a blast to shoot and mine is very accurate with the .45LC loads. The #4 shot load is generally considered to be the best combination for personal protection, from what I have heard. I can completely cover a 4X8 sheet of plywood with a load of #9's at 15 yards. The grips are comfortable and absorb recoil. Get one, you'll enjoy it.

Texas42

TGT Addict
Nov 21, 2008
Texas
. . . . I can completely cover a 4X8 sheet of plywood with a load of #9's at 15 yards. . . . . .quote]

IMHO, this wouldn't be a great thing in a defense gun.

The judge looks like a blast to me, but I want something a bit more precise.

country_boy

TGT Addict
Feb 7, 2009
Round Rock
to me the judge is a ranch/snake pistol. Of course snake shot works too, but thats if your lucky enough to find any. I guess im not lucky... :banghead:

If there was a bad guy in my house, I'd probably reach either for my 12 gauge, my 357 magnum, or my 1911. Than a Judge.

Top Bottom