Patriot Mobile

Thoughts on this? Man shoot an unarmed robber gets arrested.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    … I believe it was justified...
    Please point out the relevant statute and make the case given the totality of information available to the public.

I can see it going either way as I posted above. What is missing are the statements he made to police, which may have sealed his fate.

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    So if one of the women were getting raped, "Not my wife....."?
    READ the timeline, if the man was running away, no longer fighting, no longer a threat when he was shot in the back THEN self defense and/or the defense of others does not apply. I was not there so I do not know what happened, I do know that in my advanced carry class the instructors (lawyer, judge and a police chief ) all said that the cost of a legit shooting that wound up going to court was about $10,000 to the shooter even if found innocent of any charges.
    Each of us gets to make our own shoot don't shoot criteria (law also gets to make one). Mine is simple IF there is fear of loss of life-then I shoot

GeauxLSU

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2022
    San Antonio
    READ the timeline, if the man was running away, no longer fighting, no longer a threat when he was shot in the back THEN self defense and/or the defense of others does not apply. I was not there so I do not know what happened, I do know that in my advanced carry class the instructors (lawyer, judge and a police chief ) all said that the cost of a legit shooting that wound up going to court was about $10,000 to the shooter even if found innocent of any charges.
    Each of us gets to make our own shoot don't shoot criteria (law also gets to make one). Mine is simple IF there is fear of loss of life-then I shoot
    If you're running away from shooting my wife, I'm shooting you graveyard dead whenever the opportunity presents itself. That minute, or next month.
    The guy came BACK into the store. Yes there is too much unknown to make definitive statements so we are discussing hypotheticals.

hullhullhull

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2022
    El Paso
    If you're running away from shooting my wife, I'm shooting you graveyard dead whenever the opportunity presents itself. That minute, or next month.
    The guy came BACK into the store. Yes there is too much unknown to make definitive statements so we are discussing hypotheticals.
    Your post is probably one of the best examples of what not to say on the internet that I have seen in a long time.

Best of luck defending that statement.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom