• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    Houston, Texas
    I have a 14 year old special needs sister named Katie that has battled her entire life through severe spinal defects that required surgery, tumors and learning disabilities among other things. She recently went in to have 2 more tumors examined, and it was revealed that she has cancer. The tumor is in a spot with major arteries in her upper leg which means they can't remove it yet. They are going to start her on Chemo and radiation to try and shrink it and remove it as soon as possible. I'm not one to share depressing posts often, but this is pretty difficult, so I ask my fellow TGT members to simply keep Katie in their prayers and/or thoughts.

1459742_773925162624435_887002016_n.jpg
    Will do, She doesn't have one ounce of sadness from what I see in the picture, and you shouldn't either. Remember GOD wouldn't give ANYONE anything they couldn't handle. No matter what happens, YOU love her and she sure as heck LOVES you. God bless Katie, and get well soon :)

pistolpadre

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Katie has a good, and loving brother going for her.. think we can all imagine how hard this is for all of you.. I normally ask first before I post a prayer, but there's so much love on this thread I'm hoping it's OK..

Dear Lord, we know you hear every thought, and prayer.. We ask that you hear, and if it's your will act on those prayers for this special young lady.. Please hold her and her family in the palm of your hands, and give them strength to match their love.. and courage to match their faith.. we ask that katie, and all those who are in prayer may be made whole.. in your loving and forever name, amen.

pistolpadre

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    can you give us any updates on Katie's condition.. all the best to you family "pal" (joking, but know she's in prayer)

GlockOwner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Dallas (Oak Cliff)
    can you give us any updates on Katie's condition.. all the best to you family "pal" (joking, but know she's in prayer)

Yup. She had her port put in last week and started chemo yesterday. She lives with my aunt up in Sherman, but is going through the treatment down here in Dallas at Childrens Hospital, so I plan on sitting with her when I can. Unfortunately, i seem to be getting sick, so I will have to stay away for a while. Katie has been through stuff like this, so even though she doesn't like it, she doesn't know any different. (pic is of Katie, and my aunt Kim). Thank you for the thoughts and prayers everyone!

1456592_780164988667119_332691302_n.jpg

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I don't know how I missed this but I wish you and your family the best of luck.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    If it would be 'theraputic', take Katie some markers so she can draw mouths etc. on the masks.

pistolpadre

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Glockowner.. if you could paste this maybe and send it to Kim it would be appreciated..

MERRY CHRISTMS KATIE !!! Thanks to your Uncle you have a whole group of people that are hoping you have a great day.. We're also paying you get better soon, and that next year can be your best year ever.. God bless you Katie, you're our hero !!!

in edit... however you do it, please make it from ALL of us, and not me.. we're all praying for her..

Last edited:

zx9rt1

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 6, 2008
    Glockowner.. if you could paste this maybe and send it to Kim it would be appreciated..

MERRY CHRISTMS KATIE !!! Thanks to your Uncle you have a whole group of people that are hoping you have a great day.. We're also paying you get better soon, and that next year can be your best year ever.. God bless you Katie, you're our hero !!!

in edit... however you do it, please make it from ALL of us, and not me.. we're all praying for her..

+1!

Top Bottom