• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Prayers sent amigo. I know how trying times can be with special needs kids, but the rewards are commensurate. Merry Christmas, you go girl!
    Texas SOT

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    Done, I met a sweet little girl about 8 years old two days ago (a customers daughter) who is battling cancer for the second time now and if it wasn't for the hair you would never know it she is just so outgoing and optimistic and there's not a doubt in my mind she will pull through just like Katie will. I'm not a stranger to the world of this horrible disease, I've lost an uncle to mouth cancer, my wife's great grandma to breast cancer, and thankfully my grandma beat both ovarian and breast cancer. Stay positive and be there for her, it'll be a hard road but one that will be much easier for her surrounded by people that love her. Positive vibes your way brother and keep your head up.

GlockOwner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Dallas (Oak Cliff)
    UPDATE:

Katie finally finished up her scheduled radiation treatments earlier this month. We still haven't been able to get all the family together for our Christmas gift exchange, but I did finally get to see her and Kim when Katie had to enter the hospital for a high fever (which is fairly frequent due to the chemo killing off any immune system she has). While I was there, Katie was in quite a bit of discomfort from her healing radiation burns, but she was in good spirits otherwise. I just got word that Katie went in for her MRI and CAT scans earlier in the week, and the tumor has definitely shrunk, but we are awaiting the verdict from the surgeon on if it can be safely removed yet. If the tumor is safely removed, chemo will continue for a little while to kill off any remaining cells. The 5 year recurrence rate is fairly high with survival rates being about 50/50, so the fight is far from over, but with the tumor removed, she would, at least, be in a much better position that she has been in.

I, as well as the rest of my family, would like to sincerely thank everyone who has given our Katie a few moments of their day, and all donations that were made. The donations were put to good use as Katie got herself a nice blonde wig that she wanted so badly!

This is her with her new wig and certificate for completing her radiation treatments!
    1891082_822520974431520_293680103_n.jpg

BIGPAPIGREG

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio, TEXAS
    ATTA GIRL KATIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Soooooo very proud of you! Hang in there and fight every day! Eddie & Katie, I did this for my sister, but it is also for Katie, as well as all our ladies that have to fight this fight....this is what it is all about y'all, the big picture...I am PROUD AS HELL to know (though we have never met) a wonderful sweetheart of an angel like Katie.....you have taught me so much, thank you:)
    1471074_10201403601554204_2023357931_n.jpg

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    I'm amazed that people we would normally consider "weak", can show so much strength.
    In adversity that would surely dampen my already crabby attitude, I see a young girl smiling and happy with what hand is dealt.
    Katie, I wish I knew you. GOD bless you girl.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    That is one cute kid. As the father of 6 daughters, I am happy to hear the positive report. Our prayers continue my friend.

And good luck with the job search.

Top Bottom