• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    I'm looking to thread a heavy barrel PTR91. The muzzle diameter is about 17.9mm so 18mm should work.

I cannot find 18x1.0mm TAT. Does anyone have one or know a company that makes one??

I can get the die and I guess I can make one out of aluminum or brass but it would be easier to buy one if it was not $50 or more.

Liberty Suppressors has 18x1.0mm as a standard option for the Fixed Barrel Adapter.
    https://libertycans.net/product/fixed-barrel-adapter/

If none available I guess I will 'fire up' the mini lathe and get to work.
    Gun Zone Deals

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    I guess no one has info so I bought a 3/4" aluminum 6061 round stock and turned a section down to 18mm and THEN stepped it to .305" to fit in the barrel rifling.

Fitted the .305" section into a stationary chuck in the lathe and the DIE in the lathe chuck jaws.

Slid the fixed chuck to the chuck jaws and turned the die/chuck by HAND (unplugged the lathe power cord) to thread the 18mm section.

TAT_18x1.0c.JPG

The one inch section of .305 fits tight in the rifle muzzle so it should keep the die aligned for threading. I had to knock it out with a long 1/4" steel rod wrapped with tape.

I'll post when I get the Liberty Mystic X to the FFL and then I'll order the 18x1.0mm adapter from liberty.

If there was a market for these I would make and sell but I seem to be the only guy that needs one.

bob

Attachments

• TAT_18x1.0c.JPG
      TAT_18x1.0c.JPG
      126.1 KB · Views: 341
    Top Bottom