• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If this was to happen... those in the city would be in bad shape. A blood bath would ensue. 6 months without power.... people can barley wipe their selves nowadays, much less live for 6 months without power. There is so much fear driving this country... it's ridiculous.

It would be nice to not worry about the phone ringing. Maybe i'd be able to go to bed when the sun wen't down;)

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I’m really light right now but could go a month.

Same here. We've been eating the older stuff to rotate it out. Mostly beans, rice, tuna, sardines, canned chicken, and Tabasco.

Hate to say it but I know what it's like to be really really hungry. Lots of my neighbors are weak and are not very defended. 4-6 months into a disaster. The basic animal will take over. In me and in them.

I need to reup my inventory to full capacity. Something I know they're not doing at their house.

BillFairbanks

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2017
    Johnson County, TX
    Build a culture of preparedness. Seems like a good idea as long as the government doesn't know you have the supplies.
    You might be able to take care of yourself and they hate competition.

Yep.

I bet in a catastrophic power outage, they’d try to confiscate our supplies, our weapons, and round us up into “refugee” camps. Then the UN would come in to “restore” “order”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I firmly believe booze should be stocked for bartering

That and other stuff things that's organic. 'Tobacco' will be a resource. If we're reduced to a bartering system. I'm in like Flinn.

Without material possessions mattering. People will seek other means to quell the desire.

I super agree. Alcohol will be a biggy.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    If we have a major catastrophe where the power goes out for more than 2 weeks I have enough fuel and supplies to get where I am going, which won't be here in DFW. I have a plan... BTW.. in 6 months you'll want to be away from any major city... Nuclear power plants have 2 weeks of diesel generator fuel to keep the cooling systems going. After that every last one of them will go into meltdown.

You won't want to be within 100 miles of any of these little blue stars on this map.

https://www.nrc.gov/info-finder/reactors/

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I need a bunch of boxes of trash bags. Poop removal and other stuff. Kitchen bags for poop. Large bags that can be buried or left outside.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I have a huge roll of 4mil black plastic. 10 feet wide and dick long. Light escape prevention. I can staple up every window in the house in no time. Going dark.

Top Bottom