Hurley's Gold

Three dead in Austin shooting spree near The Arboretum shopping center; suspect still at large

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Riksors

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2019
    Georgetown
    My daughter pointed out an abundance of tents popping up around the area while we were heading to Estancia for a steak fix last weekend. We even saw a high end MSR tent.

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    Yeah, that gets spread all over the local news just because a gun was involved.

Yesterday at Academy Sports, 3 miles away, a customer was stabbed in the neck by a homeless guy and NOTHING showed up on any of the progressive propaganda outlets in ATX.
    I'm sure they are grasping for anything to poison Constitutional Carry...

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Yeah, that gets spread all over the local news just because a gun was involved.

Yesterday at Academy Sports, 3 miles away, a customer was stabbed in the neck by a homeless guy and NOTHING showed up on any of the progressive propaganda outlets in ATX.
    This one will go into the memory hole very quickly as well.

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    This is near my house so I've been following this more than I do most of these things. I got caught up in first responders racing to the scene earlier today on my way to the grocery store, which is about two blocks away. I didn't know at the time what was going on.

We're hearing word that this was a domestic situation and the shooter is former LEO with a history of sexual abuse. Name & photo has been released, he's AA, and apparently still at large. Police helicopters still circling as I post this and they've closed off several roads. We have a lot of greenbelts around here, my guess is the guy slipped into one of them and committed suicide.

Of much more concern to me is that while catching up on this story I found out that there was a stabbing inside our local Academy store yesterday (referenced by Big Dipper above), apparently committed by a homeless person. If you've been to Austin lately you know how bad that problem has gotten. I can't find anything about this other than a couple of NextDoor posts.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    This is near my house so I've been following this more than I do most of these things. I got caught up in first responders racing to the scene earlier today on my way to the grocery store, which is about two blocks away. I didn't know at the time what was going on.

We're hearing word that this was a domestic situation and the shooter is former LEO with a history of sexual abuse. Name & photo has been released, he's AA, and apparently still at large. Police helicopters still circling as I post this and they've closed off several roads. We have a lot of greenbelts around here, my guess is the guy slipped into one of them and committed suicide.

Of much more concern to me is that while catching up on this story I found out that there was a stabbing inside our local Academy store yesterday (referenced by Big Dipper above), apparently committed by a homeless person. If you've been to Austin lately you know how bad that problem has gotten. I can't find anything about this other than a couple of NextDoor posts.
    Suspect

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    The word 'homeless' is a candy coated word meaning a whole host of possibilities from earnestly made so by circumstances (damn few) to mentally ill or drug/booze addicted to those who find personal responsibility not to their liking - which in my experience is the major contributor.

How do I know?

I was 'homeless' as a kid and saw first hand how some adults 'absolutely love' pretending to be victims...and enjoy the 'largesse' suckers...including the state (think welfare) heap upon those po folk..who 'hoover' it up like they deserve it for being bottom feeding scum...

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    Good thing they maintain a decent police force to deal with these situations. No, wait, they reduced their police budget by $150 million and cancelled at least two classes for recruits!

Dredged from the 70s - Smooth move, ExLax!

JGW006

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2021
    McKinney
    “Of much more concern to me is that while catching up on this story I found out that there was a stabbing inside our local Academy store yesterday (referenced by Big Dipper above), apparently committed by a homeless person. If you've been to Austin lately you know how bad that problem has gotten.”

Craziness like this can (and does) happen in “good” areas and in “bad” areas. And people wonder why I carry!

JGW

mongoose

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    nm
    My Sister has neighbors that caught the same man three nights in a row on their Ring cameras checking out cars a checking if the cars where locked. The police were called and informed of the problem. The Police said they didn’t have enough man power to check it out.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Anbu9
    Top Bottom