Hurley's Gold

Three Handguns & One AR15 Stolen From Truck (Houston, TX)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PaleForce

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2013
    Hey folks. This is my first time on the forum; I wish it was under better circumstances.

Went to do some shooting at "American Shooting Centers" in Houston, TX with my dad, last weekend, and it proved to be an expensive outing. After a couple of hours at the range, we packed up and headed to get some lunch at Bubba's Texas Burger Shack. After about 30 minutes, we walked back to the truck to find that the passenger side rear window had been busted out, and all of our guns had been stolen. After talking with the cops and discussing the scenario with a few friends, we've concluded that we were probably targeted at the range, and then subsequently followed.

Anyway, sad story. I had just finished building that AR15, and this was the first time I was able to put anything through it.

If possible, please be on the lookout for the following firearms...

Sig Sauer P229
    .40 S&W
    S/N: AKU19174

Taurus 85
    .38 SP
    S/N: GN90632

Kimber 1911 Custom II
    .45 ACP
    S/N: K426802

AR 15
    Palmetto State Armory Lower Receiver
    S/N: LW084876
    Stag Arms Upper
    A.R.M.S Flip-Up Rear Sight
    Magpul Buttstock & Forward Handle

HPD Incident No. 134394513-S

Thanks for your help.
    Military Camp

Attachments

• AR 15 PSA.jpg
      AR 15 PSA.jpg
      77.9 KB · Views: 392
    • Guns.jpg
      Guns.jpg
      34.1 KB · Views: 374
    Last edited:

PaleForce

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2013
    It might be worth noting that the Stag Arms upper has a "COME AND TAKE IT" ejection port cover. Someone at the range must have seen that and was like "Don't mind if I do!"

pawncop

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    TEXAS
    Very sorry to learn of this. Will add these to my watch list and check some data bases I have access to. Hope we can recover your firearms soon.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Your case is not unusual. There have been several SA area shoots where guns were stolen from vehicles after the shooters retired for a late lunch.

Scumbags are always on the prowl to take what is not theirs. I've had much schitt stolen off the vehicles parked in my drive way and the Cops just write up a theft report with no recovery of the stolen property.

This topic pops up occasionally, and lots of folks don't believe it could happen to them, even after advice was given.

Sorry you are among those victimized, and I'm not saying you did anything wrong.

Houston is a big city ... and I doubt HPD will give your case a whole lot of attention, unless one of the guns stolen is recovered at a crime scene.

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    Hope you recover your stuff. A buddy of mine likes to advertise hes a gun owner with a crap ton of gun stickers. I like to keep a low profile and not have any pro gun, firearms manufacturers etc posted on my stuff. I also dont put them in typical cases and i hide them under things if transporting and keep the vehicle within eye view.

JohnnyBoyy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2013
    That's awful, sorry to hear about your loss.

Connect with your insurance company, b/c it was taken from your vehicle and you know the serial numbers it may be possible it's covered under your policy/

PaleForce

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2013
    Good afternoon,
    I'm digging up my old post from two years ago with some good news... HPD recovered my Taurus .38 SPL! I've got to discuss what hoops I have to jump through to get it back, but I'm pretty excited. I'm interested to see what condition it's in... It was stolen after its first trip to the range.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    I remember this post, glad you're back with some good news! Hopefully more follows. Maybe post more than once every couple years. :)

PaleForce

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2013
    I haven't checked since the Taurus resurfaced; it might be worth calling my friends over there at HPD to see if they've picked up anything else...

Top Bottom